Puppy Jousting for Android and IPhone!

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/Puppy Jousting for Android and IPhone!

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hello!

I recently released my first game on Android and IPhone. I originally wrote the game in Java intending to port it to Android, while working on the Android port, I remembered MonkeyX and decided to give it a try. It worked even better than I imagined!

The game pits you against the enemy, either playing as Sammy the Slammer or as Bella the Basher! You control the speed of your puppy with one button and the elevation of the bone with another button, trying to match the random speed and elevation at the time of the impact! The closer you are to matching the two values, the better chance you have of winning. If you match the speed and bone elevation perfectly, you will knock your opponent off their cat mount!

The game stores your statistics and will load them into the highscore board hosted at YellzBellz Puppy Jousting High Scores!

You can see the video at Puppy Jousting on YouTube!

You can get the Android game at the Google Play Store!

You can get the game at the Apple App Store!

If anyone can leave me some feedback, input or face bashing, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#2]
Just watched the video on you tube - nice work, a clear user interface and I like the sound effects.

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#3]
Nice job!

the one thing that strikes me a bit odd is the 'press pause to continue'
:-?

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2014) [#4]
Sorry, didn't get any notices of response.

Thanks for the input and for watching the video!

I pause the game at the time of impact to give the user time to see the effects of the impact, check out their speed and bone elevation and compare those values to the random speed and bone values. When they are done looking things over, then can hit the pause button to resume the game!

I really appreciate the feedback, thank you!!

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#5]
then can hit the pause button to resume the game!.

I understand what you're trying to do -- but you may really want to relabel the 'pause' button to just SAY 'resume' (or evne 'unpause') when he game has been paused, since it's currently doing the exact opposite of what the button text actually says.

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2014) [#6]
ahhh, Gotcha!

I will definitely add that to the update list!

I really appreciate the input!

Thank you!