MONKEY VS

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/MONKEY VS

JeeyD(Posted 2013) [#1]
Have you compared features of Monkey with NME?

Things like accessing right kind of lowlevel things is the only thing that might be a questionmark. (opengles access, audio, input and pen speech etc)

Here's a nice video I just succeeded to follow.
And it has a plugin for sublime text which is okay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jw9a3ti8wQ

But interested on head on head.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#2]
Haxe/NME is great, but I haven't used it yet. i would if i had more time, even port miniB3D over to it.

a quick look in the forums it seems a weak point is that the toolchain isn't as good as monkey's for compiling to mobile. this could be remedied with a little work.

the haxe IDE, Flash Develop, is really nice.

therevills(Posted 2013) [#3]
I've played with Haxe and the editor is great, but I didn't get that far into it... I couldn't get it running on my Android phone so gave up :D

JeeyD(Posted 2013) [#4]
Nice to hear some experiences though, thanks.
What about the biggest multiplatform, HTML5 (as Monkey has but not the Chrome's packaged apps yet) ?

Relying on that this kind of web will grow very soon and Chrome store might merge with Android store, and maybe all other brands with time.

It seem very capable, but still no printing fasciilities and etc some details, but very very solid for games.. all kinds of ways selling/subscribing ones apps, and webgl for graphics etc.

This of course need some confidence in what the near future will bring as it somewhat not in focus just yet...