New Star Soccer

Community Forums/Monkey Talk/New Star Soccer

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#1]
Just has got a BAFTA. Monkey rocks!
http://awards.bafta.org/award/2013/games/sports-fitness

Congratulations to Simon for creating this great game!

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#2]
Congrats indeed!

therevills(Posted 2013) [#3]
Well done! Congrats!

BlitzSupport(Posted 2013) [#4]
This is brilliant, and I strongly recommend watching the video to realise the full achievement here!

wmaass(Posted 2013) [#5]
NSS is inspirational...and a damn bloody fun game.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2013) [#6]
Wow. A great achievement and very inspirational, congrats. I keep saying you don't need massively powerful systems to produce great games. Gameplay rules.

GfK(Posted 2013) [#7]
I don't mind admitting I'm incredibly envious of his success.

Well done, Si.

Amon(Posted 2013) [#8]
Incredible! Just goes to show what can be done with a little imagination and a whole load of perseverance!

Congratulations to you, Si.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#9]
say what?!?!

wow, to beat out powerhouses like F1 and Fifa.
Simon, don't get caught up in the fame! say real!

GfK(Posted 2013) [#10]
Simon, don't get caught up in the fame! say real!

Screw that - make the most of it. Lap it up!

GfK(Posted 2013) [#11]
If anybody is interested, the BAFTA Games Awards (highlights) is being shown on Challenge TV in the UK, on Monday 11th March at 10pm.

Don't know if NSS will be on, but if an indie game kicking the collective arses of FIFA and F1 2012 is not a 'highlight', then I don't know what is.

Challenge TV is on:
Sky: 125 (164 for +1)
Freeview: 46
Virgin: 139 (140 for +1)
Freesat: 145

Blitzplotter(Posted 2013) [#12]
Awesome, congratulations. Thanks for the heads-up GfK

Steve Elliott(Posted 2013) [#13]
Yeah, thanks for that Gfk.

but if an indie game kicking the collective arses of FIFA and F1 2012 is not a 'highlight', then I don't know what is.

Agreed. Although I'm not totally surprised. The game industry has been going in the wrong direction for years in my opinion.

big10p(Posted 2013) [#14]
Wowsers! Congrats, man!

No mention of the BAFTA on the New Star Soccer Google Play page?! I'd be shouting this from the rooftops - be good for sales! ;)

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#15]
I don't know how well known BAFTA is in the UK, but personally I'd never heard of 'em.

mongia2(Posted 2013) [#16]
gooooooooooooddddddd

Simon Read

GfK(Posted 2013) [#17]
I don't know how well known BAFTA is in the UK, but personally I'd never heard of 'em.
Are you kidding me? It's the British version of the Oscars. British Academy of Film and Television Arts, and for the last five years they've hosted awards for the games industry too.

They're very, very big. Winning one is a huge deal.

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#18]
Let's put it this way: I doubt you'd be able to name the Dutch or German or French versions of the Oscars, either. :->

GfK(Posted 2013) [#19]
The French one: Le Oscars.
Dutch: De Oscarsen.
German: Die Oscars.

Larn.

Kryzon(Posted 2013) [#20]
That video really brings up the importance of this.

Congratulations to siread, that's a very big honor - especially with a Monkey tagging along.

wmaass(Posted 2013) [#21]
Amazing and inspirational. Congrats siread!

Matty(Posted 2013) [#22]
xlsior - where are you from? I'm from Australia and I've heard of the BAFTAs...usually we get a report on the news telling us of Aussies that have done well in them...so I guess they are known outside of the UK...

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#23]
I'm from Brazil, and I've heard of BAFTA before. Never seen one, but I've heard of it, alright.

Congrats to Simon, it's a HUGE feat standing toe to toe with studios with loads of people.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2013) [#24]
Was peeking through the Gallery and came across an earlier version 7 years ago. He got there in the end :)

http://www.blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=1158&gallery=hr&page=41