Ads for HTML5 game?

Community Forums/General Help/Ads for HTML5 game?

SLotman(Posted 2012) [#1]
I'm just finishing my first HTML5 game, and I can't believe I can't find a single Ad service for HTML5 games - only Flash, and even Java or Unity!

Unfortunately, Adsense is not an option - I'm waiting for months while my application is "on review" there, and even mailing google about it didn't solve anything :(

The only one I found was "ad4game", but they just told me I need 10K unique hits/day to apply (?!).

So you guys have any experience with this? Any recommendations?

Derron(Posted 2012) [#2]
Just use whatever ad-service you want for your game.

As you said: it is a html5 game - so you can utilize all standard ad-styles. Even google ads.

10k unique hits a day ...they do not talk about unique visitors.
10k unique hits means: 10k of normal page renders.

Imagine you have a manager game and a player plays 10 minutes. and during that 10 minutes he fully-reloads 100 pages (not the small ajax updates but real "screen" switches) .. he has done 100 hits.

The days my website had 15k unique visitors a day I had about 60k-80k page impressions (and some thousands of downloads started).
Aehem... that website was really famous that time. So I imagine their "10k a day" is way to much for normal game devs.

As long as you do not find better alternatives: stay with good old google-ads etc. (remember to not show some bare skin - or sprites of cartoon condoms ... google does not like that).

bye
Ron

SLotman(Posted 2012) [#3]
Google/Adsense is not an option. I'm waiting ages for their approval, and I need to find something really fast.

Derron(Posted 2012) [#4]
approval?

I registered my account, registered my domain and was able to use it... maybe your domain is not that kind of "trusted" (i registered some years ago so it might have changed).

I don't know what "global" ad-companies exist else. Here in Germany "adscale.de" got bigger over the years (man, i still remember when one of their employees called me to use their service and I gave some hints how to improve their scalability :D). They just got sold for about 50 million Euros so they seem to be not that small.

bye
Ron

SLotman(Posted 2012) [#5]
If you don't believe me... this was copied directly from adsense panel:

...and this is the second domain I try to register. Maybe Google doesn't like Brazil or something =P~

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

SLotman(Posted 2012) [#6]
I really hate Google!

Those idiots just saw the test page I put the ad code on my server, then 'disapproved' me because my site 'didn't have enough content' - if they only looked at the server root, would see a *huge* content, several blog posts, more than a 100 pictures...

And the beauty of it? I can't even complain - their site keeps redirecting me to the "you're disapproved page", and their 'fix problems' form, makes several questions and in the end, just tells me to login in the main page!

Now even if adsense *was* an option I wouldn't want it.

Derron(Posted 2012) [#7]
Don't blame the google team...the scripts they use are the evil :D

I had once got an email - someone tried to use an unregistered email on my domain ( random@... ) to register for google gears (or how it is called) - seems he was able to register without email verification. I just got one which "reinvited" me.
Google "pages" were not able to give me a helpful link. So I complained in the google groups - there some google guys answered and helped me out of the situation.

Maybe it helps you too.

bye
Ron