Apple 6.0.1?

Community Forums/General Help/Apple 6.0.1?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2012) [#1]
Am I missing out if I dont download them on my ipad?

Will it erase my games data which what I worrying about

GfK(Posted 2012) [#2]
Am I missing out if I dont download them on my ipad?

Will it erase my games data which what I worrying about

No, and no. In that order.

[edit] iOS 6.1 is only weeks away, anyway. So may as well wait for that.

Last edited 2012

Hotshot2005(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks GFK :)

Hotshot2005(Posted 2012) [#4]
So how big is the files size is for IOS 6.1? I guessing that could be 2.3GB to download it!

GfK(Posted 2012) [#5]
Dunno, it's not out yet. Won't be that big, though.

ima747(Posted 2012) [#6]
On device patches tend to be 30-600mb. Downloading through itunes gets a full system image which is like 600-800mb if I remember correctly. Just, as with anything, make sure you have a backup before you update incase it goes sideways (very very rare in my experience, but it can happen). FYI a backup on iOS backs up the user data (unless the develop has flagged the data space as non-backup which is generally for caches, or other trash data) from all your programs, but not the apps themselves. If you ever have to do a full recovery the device re-installes the OS (from a full image), re-installs all the data for all the apps from the backup, then syncs your contacts/mail settings/etc. then begins re-downloading all your apps. When the apps are launched they already have the data in place.

Just like everything else digital make sure you have a backup and you'll have to fall really far to actually lose any data. If you have slow internet then backup through iTunes instead of iCloud. Or do both, always handy to have extra backups.