Parallax sample images

Community Forums/General Help/Parallax sample images

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#1]
I'm building a parallax background for a game and, while the artist is finishing other things, I would love to get some free test images to ensure everything works as expected and smooth.
do you know of any place in the internet to get three or four parallaz layers to be used internaly (they won't be used in the commercial release)

Thanks!

D4NM4N(Posted 2012) [#2]
How are you doing it, tiles or "superbitmaps"?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#3]
superbitmaps. I mean, the game is HD, so I'm planing on having some 512x512 textures to draw them.
by the way, any advice is welcome as it's the first time I implement it (while it seems ultra simple, you know...)

D4NM4N(Posted 2012) [#4]
You could get hold of some "skybox textures" for the distant stuff, and do some tileable shillouette layers in photoshop for the mid-layer.

With 512 you are really talking tiles not superbitmaps.

How many layers are you needing, becuse if it is just one then the FLRB images of a skybox will probably do you.

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#5]
You can mock-up your own parallax images real easy.

1) Pick a sky color.
2) Pick a land color.

Draw how many layers you want, and interpolate skycolor~land color to each layer so you simulate the effect of 'atmospherical density'
The deepest layer is almost sky-colored, just a hint of land color.
The top-most layer is pure land color.

You'll get this:

I did the above by coloring all layers the same, then I set their opacity at 100%, 60% and 30%, from closest to farthest.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#6]
That looks nice! thanks I think I'll do it this way

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#7]
Sure thing. If you need any help with that, drop me an e-mail.