Lil Facebook question...

Community Forums/General Help/Lil Facebook question...

GfK(Posted 2012) [#1]
First, I don't want a "Facebook is crap" debate here. I already know that.

My question is, if me and somebody else have a mutual friend, and that "somebody else" blocks me, can THEY still see when I comment on the mutual friend's posts etc? I ask because somebody has blocked me, but I can't block them because they've already blocked me and they don't show up any more in search, plus I don't know their email address to do it that way.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2012) [#2]
I would say yes they can, without knowing more on farcebork, hardly use it myself, I would say this block only prevents you from posting to their wall.

If you see posts on mutual friends wall by people not in your friends list then its nigh on likely that a blocked person would still appear.

Safe to err on caution if you are thinking of bad mouthing person to other guy and work on the principle that everyone in the world can and will eventually stumble upon what ever gets posted to any fb page.

GfK(Posted 2012) [#3]
Safe to err on caution if you are thinking of bad mouthing person to other guy
Not thinking of bad-mouthing anybody and even if I was, I wouldn't care if he saw it or not. I just don't want this person (who was my brother for 36 years) to be aware that I still exist because we're kind of dead to each other. I don't want to know about anything he does, and I don't want him knowing anything about me either.

(It's a long and bitter story that I'm not going to go into).

Steve Elliott(Posted 2012) [#4]
If you go to your privacy settings at the top right you can select only your friends to have access.

[Edit]
Oh I see mutual friend posting...you could always private message.

Last edited 2012

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#5]
Hi!
and that "somebody else" blocks me, can THEY still see when I comment on the mutual friend's posts etc?

No, when someone blocks you (or you block someone) it's a two way street: you won't be able to see any kind of activity from each other, doesn't matter who imposed the block.
This doesn't change even if you have one or several friends in common.

Every comment, wall post, everything you did on facebook will become invisible to the person that blocked you (and vice-versa), regardless where it's posted (your own wall, a mutual friend's etc.).
If any of you search for the other, you won't be able to find each other.
If someone tags that guy who blocked you (tag = say exact name, it becomes a hyperlink to the person's profile), you will see his name, but it will be just plain text, no link (since his profile page doesn't exist to you. It would lead nowhere).

EDIT: based on your info on post #3, a regular Block is perfect for what you want. You won't exist to each other.

Last edited 2012

SystemError51(Posted 2012) [#6]
Blocking a person will completely remove the possibility for interaction with that person throughout the entire network. You will not be able to see the blocked person's content, neither will that person see yours. It's like he or she doesn't exist.