Port forwarding woes

Community Forums/General Help/Port forwarding woes

RifRaf(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hey guys...

I have a 2wire router im trying to set up port forwarding on to run a game server.

Now heres a shot of the settings available for a custom app port forwarding. You can see in the shot I have set up ports 24000 - 26000 to route to this computer for my TinyTanks Server.. right now im running it on port 25000

I dont have any other computers handy right now so I have to run the client from the same computer.. running it as is I cannot get a ping over to the server.. Do I need to setup some weird forwarding for the client too? if you look at the image you will see theres a MAP TO HOST option too. Do i need to use this in conjunction with the clients used port somehow?

if anyone is willing to d/l tiny tanks and see if they can ping the server at least I would know the port forwarding is working for non local machines.

If its not , ill resort to DMZ mode on my laptop that ill have to get from storage.

Thanks

xlsior(Posted 2012) [#2]
If the server is behind a NAT router, you won't be able to reach it with a PING (unless you are talking about your own ping protocol that uses those 24000-26000 port ranges)

Also, keep in mind that the host and/or client PC could have a software firewall blocking the traffic (including the built-in Windows firewall)

RifRaf(Posted 2012) [#3]
UDP data connection is what im referring to as a ping in this case.. BLITZ3D UDP command set.