JavaScript Game Programming site like this one

Community Forums/General Help/JavaScript Game Programming site like this one

En929(Posted 2012) [#1]
I was looking for a JavaScript web forum like this one that is specifically geared for game programming in JavaScript. I've been needing a bit of help on some things, but it seemed that when I posted some questions on some forums, my questions go unanswered unlike here when working with BlitzBASIC. Such left me wondering is JavaScript that difficult to make games in or is there such a shortage of people who do game programming in JavaScript? Does anybody know of a JavaScript game programming forum that's as active as this site where I could get help in?

Thanks

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#2]
I don't know whether they're any good for the combination of game development and JavaScript, but you could try StackOverflow, or its game-focused spinoff, Game Development StackExchange.

In general, StackOverflow is pretty much the best site for on-topic answers to programming questions, especially for mainstream languages (although true discussion isn't really allowed - it's Q&A only). The other Stack Exchanges... meh, haven't used them much.

En929(Posted 2012) [#3]
Ok, I tried it. Thanks Yasha

Adam Novagen(Posted 2012) [#4]
I only just got this from Google, but at first glance it appears to be a pretty solid resource: http://www.java-gaming.org/

Seems to be an entire indie-gaming community forum based on Java development, but also has subforums for all kinds of game-relevant Java coding as well as for games themselves; audio, APIs, 3D engines, 2D programming, networking code and more. Might give it a shot myself pretty soon :]

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#5]
Java <> JavaScript

Not a minor nitpick: the languages are literally completely unrelated, except that JS stole the name for marketing reasons. Resources for one won't really be any more helpful for the other than they would be for e.g. Blitz3D.

En929(Posted 2012) [#6]
That's ok Yasha. I'm accepting Java links too because I study Java as well and every now and then run into situations with that too.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2012) [#7]
Java <> JavaScript
... Oh yeah this is looking for JS websites. My bad, I completely overlooked that; I know they're nothing alike, I misread the topic XD

En929(Posted 2012) [#8]
That's ok Adam. I will still use that link. I studying Java too.