BlitzMax: CPU does not support x86-64 instructions

Community Forums/General Help/BlitzMax: CPU does not support x86-64 instructions

Htbaa(Posted 2012) [#1]
So I've built a new PC today with the latest Intel i7 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. When (re)compiling the modules from within BLIde I get this error:

►►►ERRORpub.stdc was not built
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/stdc.mod/stdc.c:1:0: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/stdc.mod/stdc.c:1:0: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
Build Error: failed to compile C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/stdc.mod/stdc.c

This goes for several modules actually. What gives?

GfK(Posted 2012) [#2]
Wrong version of mingw, at a guess.

I use this on win7 64-bit and everything works fine http://nuwen.net/mingw.html

Htbaa(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks, will try.

Edit: This version makes no difference for me.

Last edited 2012

xlsior(Posted 2012) [#4]
Do you get the same error when you try to recompile straight from the command line?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#5]
Be sure to completely remove any x64 version of MinGW and use the x86 version

Htbaa(Posted 2012) [#6]
Ah, I had forgotten to set the MINGW environment variable. Without it generates these errors in BLIde. bmk And MaxIDE won't even allow me to compile when they're not set.

I was (somehow) under the impression that BLIde didn't require this variable to be set?

GfK(Posted 2012) [#7]
I was (somehow) under the impression that BLIde didn't require this variable to be set?
It doesn't, but you do need to tell it where your install of MinGW is at (can't remember if it looks at c:\MinGW by default).

[edit] Saying that, I always set the MinGW vars anyway, since if I want to test-run a chunk of code away from my main project, I tend to do it in MaxIDE.

Last edited 2012

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#8]
It doesn't, but you do need to tell it where your install of MinGW is at (can't remember if it looks at c:\MinGW by default).

It does not look anywhere by default. If it is not set in the system path or in the BLIde "condigure MinGW" option, BLIde just ignores MinGW as it consideres it not installed. We don't want a x64 bits version of MinGW installed on C:\MinGW to screw all modules compilation by default... I'm considering to add an option to BLIde that can automatically download and install a sandboxed version of the MinGW tools to be used alonside BLIde for users that do not bother installing it and just want their modules to work and compile.