How to weld Vertices together in Wings3D?

Community Forums/General Help/How to weld Vertices together in Wings3D?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi all, can someone please tell me how I can weld multiple Vertices to a single vertex point in the center of a cluster of vertices, such as the bottom of a cylinder?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank You! :)

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#2]
"Weld" in Wings3D has nothing whatsoever to do with the "welded"/"unwelded" meshes I was talking about earlier - it's a different command that happens to use the same name.

You can get rid of unnecessary details of meshes by selecting a whole object and asking for a "cleanup" - this will fuse things that are close enough together that they look like they're right on top of one another (e.g. say you narrowed a triangle so it's no longer visible and may as well be an edge - "cleanup" will fuse the two vertices right on top of each other and get rid of the unnecessary face).

The whole Blitz3D concept of welded and unwelded meshes just doesn't apply in Wings; it uses a totally different mesh data structure. If you created a vert in the bottom of a cylinder by connecting it to the outer ring, then it's connected to the outer ring.

I guess it's a matter of "what did you do and what are you trying to achieve?"

Note that Wings has its own official community pages, where you will find much more help than here.

Last edited 2012

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks, Cleanup works great! =D