PC Buying Help

Community Forums/General Help/PC Buying Help

shinkiro1(Posted 2012) [#1]
Greetings,

At the moment I have an iMac which I have no complaints about. I have installed windows via Bootcamp for cases when I need it. It's an absolute powerhouse maybe even too much for me.

I am about to attend university and so I practically have to buy a notebook/netbook. The question now is if I should buy a (cheap) windows notebook and use that in university and keep the iMac or sell my iMac and buy a Macbook. I definitely need to have an apple system because of iOS development (I'll not use a Hackintosh PC).

I tend more towards selling the iMac and buying a MacAir 13' or MacbookPro 15'. The great advantage would be that I have all data on one PC + I'm completely mobile. If I buy the windows notebook and want to show someone at university something I made for iOS I can't because the iMac is not mobile.

What do you think is the wisest option?
Also has somebody experience with the MacbookAir?
A 3rd option may be to buy a used MacBookPro 2010. Any experiences with that?

PS: My local AppStore would pay me 701€ for my iMac (Mid 2011), maybe I would even get more via ebay (in fact the lady at the appstore recommended that ^^)

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

GfK(Posted 2012) [#2]
In your situation and requirements, I'd get a macbook.

SystemError51(Posted 2012) [#3]
If you don't need multi-monitor support, get a MacBook. If however you want to hook your laptop up to an external screen or projector, get an i3 or i5 laptop.

OS X Lion still has the multi-monitor bug