Problems and bugs reported for Blitz3d games ?

Community Forums/General Help/Problems and bugs reported for Blitz3d games ?

RemiD(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi, :)

For those of you who have published a full game with Blitz3d, can you please tell me what kind of problems or bugs have been reported by the users of your game ?

Blitz3d seems to work properly on 2 recent computers i have with Windows 7 premium, so if i can keep using it during a few years, that'll be perfect :)

Thanks,

MadJack(Posted 2012) [#2]
Using sprites and particularly sprites + entityorder caused a nasty crash under W7 for Nvidia a few years ago. Not sure if newer drivers have resolved this but using quads instead of sprites solved the issue for me.

RemiD(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks for the advice Madjack,

I already use quads instead of sprites, so this should'nt be a problem.

However i use EntityOrder sometimes, i hope this does not cause a problem anymore.

SLotman(Posted 2012) [#4]
Pretty much all 2D command set from B3D have problems. Also, you should load textures with alpha using flags 1+2 - if you load just with "2", it will give problems on some machines.

RemiD(Posted 2012) [#5]
What ? You mean that i can't use Text() Line() Rect() Plot() DrawImage() ? I use these commands for my UI.

I have tried it on 2 computers with WinXP SP2 and 2 computers with Win7 Home Premium and it seems to work properly.

What do you mean by :

Pretty much all 2D command set from B3D have problems.

Thanks,

PS : i see you made Snail Racer :) Good work !

Last edited 2012