Over Clock Temperatures

Community Forums/General Help/Over Clock Temperatures

Yue(Posted 2012) [#1]

Hello, I read your views on the following:

I have Intel E7400 processor which I have made overclocking and have risen to 3.7 in the same way a GF 8400gs graphics accelerator card that I have risen from 450 MHz to 675 MHz, everything is going well and the system is very stable, but would whether these temperatures are right, playing GTA IV the temperature rises to 70 degrees Celsius, otherwise this by 47. On the maximum temperature of the processor is like playing GTA IV is in the image. Greetings.

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

GfK(Posted 2012) [#2]
You've overclocked it by almost 1GHz?? If that's under load for any period of time, you're going to kill it. It might work *now* but you are going to dramatically cut it's life short.

Likewise with the GPU. Overclocking is an art in knowing how far to push it - not just crank it up as high as it'll go and hope for the best.

xlsior(Posted 2012) [#3]
And at 70C, you're not that far from burning out your chips...

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#4]
If that's Windows XP, I think the change of appearance could be the culprit
Also, Not trying to be rude here but cutting down on a couple visual effects may help!
You should probably go into *Advanced System Setting* and adjust for best performance of your system. :/

EDIT: I would also consider terminating some background processes. Disable some startup programs, Try NOT to use *Realtime* processing settings or *High Priority* via task manager.

Last edited 2012

Yue(Posted 2012) [#5]
I do not understand what 70 degrees on the graphics card playing GTA IV, as I understand it is a normal temperature for graphics.

The processor I have succeeded in launching a 4.2 but the system is very unstable and temperatures are mazimas has reached 65 degrees playing GTA IV, however if you do nothing will Accelerator Card 47 and processor 35.

Greetings.

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#6]
The processor I have succeeded in launching a 4.2 but the system is very unstable

You will break your CPU if you keep cranking the speed up like this.

xlsior(Posted 2012) [#7]
Even if it works, you are drastically reducing the lifespan of the chip.
At factory speeds, it may work perfectly fine for 10 years. If you overclock it as high as it goes, there's a significant chance that it won't work more than a couple of months, or even less.

Unless you can easily afford to replace the parts when they break (when, not if!), you shouldn't overclock.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#8]
Ok, =) no overclok!!

Last edited 2012

Adam Novagen(Posted 2012) [#9]
Yeah, seconding that. I tried a brief stint overclocking my Phenom 1090T, which stocks at 3.2GHz; I did this mainly because I noticed that my computer never even passed 45° at 100% load on all six cores, so I figured I had room to spare. Well, long story short I abandoned the idea when it turned out that my particular motherboard did NOT like overclocking; somehow it interfered with the onboard ethernet controller, causing my computer to lock and require a hard reset each time I opened a web browser.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#10]
What happens is that the series of Intel Core 2 onwards E5xxx am well known for making large-scale over such a E5200 is capable of 1.6-3.2 without any problems alncanzar not overheat as much. On the other hand, the overclock in my case is supported by the bios where you reach the maximum pemite smoothly.

But the truth I prefer to leave the factory, at least I have something much better than what we had before, though on the outside looks like this: D

Yue(Posted 2012) [#11]
oops!! Sorry double post.

Last edited 2012