Warner Engine will not load 3DS files

Community Forums/General Help/Warner Engine will not load 3DS files

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi,

I just made a really cool 3DS model in Blender but when I try and load it up in BlitzMax/WarnerEngine it will just sit there and do nothing and finally says the app has quit or something like that and asks if I want to ignore the message. Here is an example of what I have typed in.
Import warner.engine

Global width=800
Global height=600

Graphics3D width,height,32,2
AutoMidhandle True

Global light,camera,object

light=CreateLight()
RotateEntity light,90,0,0
camera=CreateCamera()

object=LoadMesh("my_player.3ds")
PositionEntity object,0,0,10

Repeat

UpdateWorld
RenderWorld
Flip(-1)
Until Appterminate() or KeyDown(KEY_ESCAPE)
End

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but oh well. :D
Also Im using the Alpha of Warner Engine with BlitzMax 1.47

D4NM4N(Posted 2012) [#2]
few things:

-Have you tried stepping it with the debugger to find out how far it is getting down the code before it locks up.
-(OR) Put some log markers in and find out how far it is getting down the code before it locks up. (if you don't know how to use debugger)
-Have you tried it with another mesh?
-Is the 3DS file in the correct version, are all texture files there (although likely not the issue)?
-Have you tried importing your mesh into another app/engine (eg, fragmotion or blitz3d?)
-Have you tried using .B3d files instead? (warner engine can load these and imo is a "nicer" format that 3ds)
-What is the geom count of the mesh (not insanely high or something is it?)

Last edited 2012

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#3]
I just got on my old PC and converted the files to .b3d and all works fine. Thanks for your help D4NM4N :)

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#4]
If you don't mind sharing the 3DS model, I could take a look. May take me a week or two since I've many projects, but I'd like to get Warner's 3DS loader into monkey+minib3d as well.

awpiette /at/ yahoo