Where to Get Cider?

Community Forums/General Help/Where to Get Cider?

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi,

I was looking into porting a few of my older projects for windows to the Mac via Cider, Where can Cider be downloaded? How can I somehow wrap up a Blitz3D app into a Cider App?

Adam Novagen(Posted 2012) [#2]
Shoula tried Google, bro. Anyway, this'll get you started with how to get it, though it's unlikely that it'll be free, and depending on their quality control and policies you may not get it at all: http://transgaming.com/business/cider/frequently-asked-questions#faq-6

As for how to use it with B3D, not a clue :P

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#3]
As for how to use it with B3D

Not easy! I think id rather just reprogram each and every app through BMax and miniB3D or Warner's Engine. :/

Adam Novagen(Posted 2012) [#4]
I think id rather just reprogram each and every app through BMax and miniB3D or Warner's Engine.
Personally I'd think that to be your best bet, including performance-wise. Cider sounds a bit like a Mac-based WINE (a Windows environment emulator for Linux), which come to think of it would also account for the name.

D4NM4N(Posted 2012) [#5]
Somerset England is the best place in the world to find cider.

(sorry couldn't resist :)

PS: I would not try and get B3D running on anything but a windows PC. Been there and tried it with many winey type things and VMs and it was fail at every turn.

Last edited 2012

Blitzplotter(Posted 2012) [#6]
I just found some lurvly Pear Koppaberg in my fridge, in fact off to get another now. And nope, I can't resist either, weak willed!

D4NM4N(Posted 2012) [#7]
UGH! You heathen! ;P
Koppaberg is from sweden where (in my honest up my own **** opinion) they would not know fizzy apple squash with some added moonshine from a fine farmhouse Cheddar scrumpy.
It is like slapping a Crystal label on a screw top bottle of Lambrini Bianco and calling it champers...

(just kidding... sorry i am a cider snob ;D)

My GF likes koppaberg too :x

Last edited 2012

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#8]
very clever :P