ATI accelerator cards?

Community Forums/General Help/ATI accelerator cards?

Yue(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi, I update my accelerator card, I wonder which is better in performance. If the XFX ATI 5450 1GB DDR3 Dvi Hdmi Vga Hd Radeon or ATI Radeon HD 4550 1GB PCI, or 4670 1 GB - DDR3.

A greeting and thank you for your help.

xlsior(Posted 2012) [#2]
See some benchmark comparisons here:
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+5450

(You can search for pretty much any videocard by entering the model number in the search box at the top right of the screen, then follow the 'passmark' link in the results)

Passmark G3D mark: (higher is faster)

GeForce 8400GS: 160
HD 5450: 311
HD 4550: 353
HD 4670: 759

Now, a few things to consider: The higher end videocards draw more power, so you also need to make sure that your computer's powersupply is big enough to support it. (For example, in a standard Dell tower you can't put much more than a 8400GS because the power supply is too weak for that, most of the Dell's have just 305W)
And even if the powersupply has enough wattage, some of the faster cards need a direct power hookup, which may need a special 6-pin connector from your power supply to connect to it... Although the 3 cards you listed will probably all work without a need for extra power, but double-check before you order something you can't use. :-?
You can normally find the power needs for a card on the manufacturer's website.

Other options that may be faster for not much more money:
Radeon HD 4830, Radeon HD 6670, GeForce GT 440, GeForce GT 340, GeForce GTS 250, Radeon HD 4890, etc...
Look at the graphs on that website, some of them have pricing next to them although of course that may be very different where you live.