computer tips.

Community Forums/General Help/computer tips.

Yue(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello, after almost 12 months to save every penny I have some money to buy a motherboard and riser card charging, however I need to know if the best option and would like to hear their opinions regarding the case.

The motherboard is this:

http://asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Wolfdale1333-D667% 20R2.0

And the accelerator card is a Nvidia 8400GS I also have a memory card two gig ram.

The real problem now is to gather for a dual processor for this motherboard and I have to wait another 8 months, plus a box, a hard disk and a myriad of things for you to build my computer.

The man says he sells it and assures me that is in good condition, simply because it acquired another technology better known as DDR 3.

A greeting.

ima747(Posted 2012) [#2]
Save until you're ready to buy it all, a lot can change in hardware in 8 months... Nothing worse than saving and saving but being tethered to one out of date piece...

Htbaa(Posted 2012) [#3]
You really don't want a NVIDIA 8400GS, it's extremely low end. It already was low end 5 years ago (my PC had one).

Why not save up a nice amount (say $1000?) and get a proper well put together desktop PC? Medion PC's are quite nice for what I've seen and heard.