Annosoft vs FaceFX?

Community Forums/General Help/Annosoft vs FaceFX?

Gabriel(Posted 2012) [#1]
Anyone have experience with either of these? I'm evaluating them both, but I'm leaning towards Annosoft.

On price, Annosoft's $500 version has everything except batch processing, by far cheaper than FaceFX. However, manually processing all of that audio could get pretty annoying. Annosoft with batch processing is $3k, whereas FaceFX is only $2k.

On quality, I don't know, but both seem to be excellent. They've both been used in a lot of big commercial games. They both have great samples. I doubt quality is going to be a letdown on either.

On usability, Annosoft seems the winner. It doesn't require a lot of integration with 3dsMax/Maya and I can actually edit my poses directly in Unity if I want. I just need to process the audio and text files into data files and create my phoneme poses either as an animation or manually in Unity. In FaceFX, I have to do a lot of setting up in FaceFX and have full integration with 3dsMax. A much more fiddly workflow.

On features, FaceFX is way ahead, but I don't really see me using those features. I'm aiming for iPad and I don't see being able to afford a full facial rig on iPad. So while winking, blinking, frowning, smiling, etc would be nice, I don't see it happening.

Any experiences?