Free Game Music (And other resources)

Community Forums/General Help/Free Game Music (And other resources)

Retimer(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hey guys..

Over the last few years i've made hundreds of tunes to slowly improve my skills with audio as a sub-hobby. In that time i've also forked out a lot of money for game resources, and while there are plenty of free resources out there I wanted to include myself as part of publishing free resources.

I have 25 songs released on the site now, and I compose 2 songs a week [Wednesdays and Sundays], then release them on WrathGames Studio.

It will either be useful, or not to you, but over time i'm slowly expanding genre/music tastes to meet the needs of other developers as much as I can. Over the next few months the site should be home to a large amount of usable resources in Game/Video projects.

Within the next 6-12 months i'll be paying a few artists to design some professional tilesets, sprites, etc for release as well.

Flash is the general focus but in case the content is useful for blitz members as well i'm just throwing it out there. Enjoy (or not)

WrathGames Studio - http://wrathgames.com/blog

Time

Banshee(Posted 2012) [#2]
Very noble gesture. Thank you. Listening now ;)

xlsior(Posted 2012) [#3]
Very nice.

Good looking explosion and fire graphics too, by the way

Retimer(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thanks for the feedback :)

I intend on expanding into other, usually more useful resources (Sprites, tilesets, models, animations, etc) more often in due time.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#5]
Very nice!

Cool sprites - how did you create them, they look 3Dish?

BTW - http://wrathgames.com/blog/resources/sprites/2/goblin.zip

Goes to:

Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help.

Last edited 2012

Retimer(Posted 2012) [#6]
Thanks for reporting that link.

Those sprites are the only thing not created by me resource-wise on the site. They are under some '[MS-PAL]' license (included in the page for them).

I discovered the sprites hidden within some source code with that MS-PAL license (which doesn't seem to be too strict), so I figured I would share them there.

It includes a hell of a lot more but I hadn't organized it yet. Check the full thing out here:

http://create.msdn.com/en-US/education/catalog/sample/roleplaying_game

ima747(Posted 2012) [#7]
Free content resources are ALWAYS greatly appreciated, thanks for this!

Adam Novagen(Posted 2012) [#8]
This is incredibly generous of you, Retimer; as soon as I have some spare cash, I will donate.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#9]
Is this royalty free for commercial use or just private usage?????

Retimer(Posted 2012) [#10]
Hey Captain,

Free for commercial or personal in any manner :) That's the whole purpose.

It's cc-by which means I Just ask for credit: WrathGames Studio (wrathgames.com/blog)

All I get out of it is to enhance my media-making skills, and potential publicity that allows more users to gain access to free content.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#11]
@Retimer
That's great, I like what ur doing there. :D

Retimer(Posted 2012) [#12]
I had a fair bit of downtime with this after a rather fun neck surgery and year of exciting misery, but have recently picked up at a great pace again.

Several new songs added, and I seem to be able to release 1-2 songs each week.

Some might be useful for games, others for videos. Just hoping people enjoy and find a use for these so they have more purpose than sitting in a folder as I create them lol.