Linux sound test

Community Forums/General Help/Linux sound test

Oddball(Posted 2012) [#1]
Apparently the default BlitzMax audio driver doesn't work on a lot of Linux distros so I'm trying to work out a solution. If you run Linux and have a spare minute could you please test the app below.
http://gooeyblob.com/temp/hsl_linux_test.zip

By default it uses the Pulse Audio driver that Skidracer posted a couple of months back, but using the command line you can test the other drivers available. To get a list of the available drivers use the command line param "listaudio".
./HackSlashLoot "listaudio"

Or use a specific audio driver by using its name from the list. The quotes around the driver name are important.
./HackSlashLoot "Driver Name"

Most importantly I'd like to know if you get sound, but any other info, like what "audiolist" returned, is welcomed also.

Thanks.

Last edited 2012

markcw(Posted 2012) [#2]
I get a "Could not display blah/HackSlashLoot" error when I doubleclick it. When I run ./HackSlashLoot in terminal I get "Permission denied" or "command not found" if I add "listaudio". I've run out of things to try.

kfprimm(Posted 2012) [#3]
Ubuntu 11.10. (Not exactly one of the more obscure distros!)

I got sound from the default driver.

Listaudio:
"OpenAL Default"
"OpenAL No Output"
"OpenAL PortAudio Default"
"OpenAL ALSA Default"
"OpenAL PulseAudio Default"
"OpenAL"
"FreeAudio"
"FreeAudio OpenSound System"
"Null"

kfprimm(Posted 2012) [#4]
And markcw, in the terminal try "chmod +x ./HackSlashLoot". That will mark the file as executable and then it should run without an issue.