Compiling XCode for an Ipad on the Mac

Community Forums/General Help/Compiling XCode for an Ipad on the Mac

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2011) [#1]
Ok I am new to Macs but after compiling some Objective C source code on the ipad everything works. Except when I try to compile on a different mac I get

"Code sign error : The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid certificate/private key pair in the default keychain"

Have been trying to fix this problem for the past 2 hours, I know I am supposed to get a new profile or something, I have followed a tutorial of how to do this on online but nothing happened. Not to mention it is confusing as hell.

Any ideas?

GfK(Posted 2011) [#2]
It's a faff. I used this tutorial.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2011) [#3]
Hi Dave, managed to get it working. Took all of 4 hours and 2 other people to help me, all scratching our heads. In the end XCode had also bodged up. Said it had installed 4.2.1 but it was still 4.1
Couldn't reinstall because the store said I was already up to date. Welcome to the world of Macs....

D4NM4N(Posted 2011) [#4]
I think once you have done it a few times you kind of get used to it. When we wanted to release our first ios app it took us about 2 days of head scratching, but now we have it down to about an hour or two which is ok. The worst one is when you have a customer who needs to see betas/nightly builds and you have to add their device ids and issue PPs PPDs etc.

Last edited 2011