Memory Access Violation!!!?

Community Forums/General Help/Memory Access Violation!!!?

Blitz Is Kool(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi,

I have been running a blitz .exe no problems, enjoying my creation ((made using Blitz Basic), but now it wont work. It says:

Memory Access Violation

Why has it suddenly stopped working?

Running on W7.

Thanks everyone.

big10p(Posted 2011) [#2]
Check all the resources your program loads (images, sounds etc.) are where they're supposed to be.

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#3]
If you run in Debug mode, you should be able to get a more detailed error message telling you what went wrong.

okee(Posted 2011) [#4]
is it Soccer Cards ?

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2011) [#5]
I agree with Yasha. Try compiling in debug mode. :)
Of course I run Windows 7 and have all sorts of problems. I would recommend following these steps to see if this solves your problems.

1. Right click on the EXE that was created.
2. Open the compatibility tab.
3. Check the following.

Run in compatibility for XP
Disable desktop composition
Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
Run as an administrator.

EDIT: Have you turned off your user account control? (UAC)

Last edited 2011

BlitzSupport(Posted 2011) [#6]
Another possiblity (though I'd also be checking the media it tries to load), if you've since changed to a newer PC and it was hard-coded for a specific resolution, the new PC might not support that resolution.

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#7]
What version of "Blitz" was it compiled with?

If it was compiled with an older version of BlitzPlus / Blitz3D you may be running into issues with DEP (Date Execution Prevention) on newer computers.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2011) [#8]
What version of "Blitz" was it compiled with?

It would likely be best to use the latest version. (1.06)
You can obtain the latest version by going into your account. :)

EDIT: If you still have the source files, you can recompile from the latest built of BB3D...

Last edited 2011

Blitz Is Kool(Posted 2011) [#9]
Yeah, it's Soccer Cards.

It was working fine until I changed some system settings that was crashing a Windows game.

Compatability settings to WXP didn't make any difference.

I'll have a o reinstalling it and see how it goes.

Thanks for your helps.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2011) [#10]
Compatability settings to WXP didn't make any difference.

Update your DirectX and try it again with updated drivers for your video card. http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35&WT.mc_id=MSCOM_EN_US_DLC_CAROUSEL_121LSUS007776
Follow this link to the DX9c web installer package. :)

D4NM4N(Posted 2011) [#11]
Try turning off UAC or installing/running it in your home folder. (Win 7 has higher security in regards to where apps can write their data, which can cause some issues on some older applications)

Last edited 2011

_PJ_(Posted 2011) [#12]
If all the above is no use, and you have tried re-compiling too (or are unable to re-compile for whatever reasons)

Does your program use any Windows DLLs or access registry keys?

Is your Windows 7 64-Bit?

Does the game refer to any Environemtn Variables or SystemProperty() results, other DLLs such as WinBlitz Blitzsys etc?

Did you use any other tools for Blitz3D like FastExtension?

It was working fine until I changed some system settings that was crashing a Windows game.

Mind me asking what kinda settings you changed? if the problem seemed to begin only after changing them, then logically, it sounds like it's related! Directly or indirectly, you might have affected policy settings or something

Blitzplotter(Posted 2011) [#13]
Check all your B3D models that your program uses are here they should be.