-.-

Community Forums/General Help/-.-

Yue(Posted 2011) [#1]
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6523/the_designers_notebook_passion_.php?print=1

GfK(Posted 2011) [#2]

Putting stupid smileys as unhelpful thread titles, then no description of what the link is actually about, isn't going to win you many friends or draw an awful lot of interest.

Without clicking the link, I'd also wager that General Help is the wrong forum anyway.

Yue(Posted 2011) [#3]
you did I go to google translator, well, the network really was not making friends, do not even know and suna friend, I just like to share information, period.

Your English Sable mirastes safe and secure link will understand the unfortunate that issue.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#4]
you did I go to google translator, well, the network really was not making friends, do not even know and suna friend, I just like to share information, period.

Your English Sable mirastes safe and secure link will understand the unfortunate that issue.
I have no clue what you just said. It made me smile, though.

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#5]
...pretty good article though. Not groundbreaking, but a nice read.

And yeah, please use descriptive thread titles, and post in the right section.

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#6]
Error 42. Does not compute.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2011) [#7]
I now have the captain blood international language on my mind but with emoticons instead of very broken english
(_._)
o.O
:))

K(Posted 2011) [#8]
Yue, Mi/Su conversar por favor, e-mail :Kaghel@...

*(Posted 2011) [#9]
I think this conversation equates to the 'All your base are belong to us' problem with translations ;)

Pigeon languages are helpful in some cases but are a source of amusement the world over :)

Zethrax(Posted 2011) [#10]
Anywhoo, I read the article, enjoyed it, and probably learned something from it. At the very least it encouraged me to think a few new thoughts. I'd suggest you lot stop going on at poor old Yue, and do the same.

Learning is good for you. Builds character.

-=Darkheart=-(Posted 2011) [#11]
Reading an article like this it always raises a bit of an eyebrow with me that people in the games industry are surprised that things which are true in almost every other business are true for them too. IMHO it shouldn't be that surprising.

Being passionate about something isn't the same as being good at it and 90% of most jobs is just plain hard work. All most bosses want from you is:

1) Do your job.
2) Do it well (or at least to the best of your ability).
3) Do it within an acceptable timeframe.
4) Don't complain about being asked to do your job.
5) Don't piss off the people around you.

That's it, IMHO if you can manage most of those, most of the time, you will do well; as long as your boss is reasnobly decent.
Darkheart

Last edited 2011

*(Posted 2011) [#12]
Agreed :)