Best free upload site ?

Community Forums/General Help/Best free upload site ?

ando(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello all you brainiacs out there. :o)

I just wanted to know if there were any FREE upload sites that would not delete my exe's, jpg's etc after a couple of weeks.

Maybe they all do for the free service, so what would be the best service? (Time wise)

Thanks muchly.

p.s. Smile, it's contagious !

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#2]
Dropbox allows you to make files public?

ando(Posted 2011) [#3]
Thanks Yasha, I notice you have a habit of quick assistance. Good on ya bud. : )

Any other choices ? I'm not greedy but it would be nice to check the pros and cons of a few before choosing......Thanks

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2011) [#4]
MegaUpload, Rapidshare, Mediafire and stuff like that are good. or you could just upload a torrent on your site of the file in mind. :) I have no idea what dropbox is...

EDIT: What is a dropbox? I might need to use it too!

Last edited 2011

GfK(Posted 2011) [#5]
MegaUpload, Rapidshare, Mediafire and stuff like that are good
I wouldn't bother with any of those since they're all synonymous with piracy (as are torrents). Piracy generally equates to viruses and malware, and that means nobody in their right mind would download anything from there.

Just get some cheap web hosting. Or Dropbox.

JBR(Posted 2011) [#6]
+1 for Dropbox

jsp(Posted 2011) [#7]
another +1 for Dropbox

*(Posted 2011) [#8]
http://www.000webhost.com/

They are free give you 1.5Gb of space, you can use PHP, HTML etc and you can opt for no advertising :)

ando(Posted 2011) [#9]
Thanks to all. There are a couple of good choices there.

And GfK, I guess you have a good point there. If my code comes from somewhere sus then that's how it is likely to be viewed.

But then again, I'm such a NOOB that I bet all you experts out there would be sus of my code anyway. No, you can't see my code. You'll laugh, my face will go red. No, no, sorry, no. :P

Actually, my code is usually full of IF this and IF that. Pretty simple stuff. And I always remember not to hog the cpu. :)
Thanks again.

ima747(Posted 2011) [#10]
Yet another +1 for dropbox. Here's a signup link if you like. http://db.tt/0Yl3a7G
Signing up through someone elses link gives them and you both an extra 250mb of free space...

Another note on dropbox. The public URL's you generate are not totally randomized, they are internal to your account. This means you can make a simple web site (relative links...) and host it in your dropbox public folder... I wouldn't recommend this for anything serious but to try things, or share with friends it can be handy. It JUST serves files, which is fine for HTML, or anything client side, but don't expect to be able to build something server side like PHP, it will just server your php files without parsing :0)

I don't know how people live without drop box these days. If you work with anyone else it's SOOOOOO easy to just share a folder and then you don't have to email things back and forth any more. If you have multiple computers it's usually easier to just throw something in dropbox than send it over your own network... let alone if the computers are in different places. Even if you don't have anyone to share anything with including yourself, you can just use it as a basic cloud backup. Whenever I get nervous about a storm or whatever I shove a copy of everything critical in there just in case...