Chrome Gmail doesn't work!

Community Forums/General Help/Chrome Gmail doesn't work!

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2011) [#1]
I have huge problems! Just installed Google's Chrome browser and cannot get into my gmail account! It will just sit there and do nothing. I type in my email address and password but it refuses to load up. Has anyone else had this problem? How to fix?

Gabriel(Posted 2011) [#2]
Hard to say, given that you're prone to bouts of deleting random stuff off your hard drive and that you've given almost no additional information. My first guess would be that you have a plugin interfering. Always disable plugins first when troubleshooting.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2011) [#3]
Hard to say, given that you're prone to bouts of deleting random stuff off your hard drive

Haha!
Good one Gabriel. :-)

I gave that old rusted XP to my grandmother. Good thing too!
I have an external hard drive now. (SeaGate 500Gigs)

All I did was install it and switch to the new look of GMail and now it won't work with Chrome. Better?

Gabriel(Posted 2011) [#4]
So you don't have any plugins enabled in Chrome? It doesn't come with any preconfigured? If you do have any, you will probably need to restart your brower after disabling them before it will take effect.

Clear your cache and cookies.

Do you have any labs enabled in GMail? If yes or you're not sure, try opening GMail without labs: https://mail.google.com/mail/?labs=0

Try disabling your virus checker (temporarily) to see whether that makes a difference. If you have anything similar (eg: active spyware monitoring software) try disabling those (temporarily) as well.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2011) [#5]
Clear your cache and cookies.

How do I do that? And what is labs?

EDIT: No use back to firefox

Last edited 2011

Gabriel(Posted 2011) [#6]
EDIT: No use back to firefox

You're welcome.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2011) [#7]
Thanks! Sorry!
Do you know anything about this? : http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=96272

Gabriel(Posted 2011) [#8]
Sorry, I only use Safari on my iMac.

GaryV(Posted 2011) [#9]
All I did was install it and switch to the new look of GMail and now it won't work with Chrome.
You answered your own question. The new look of GMail is beta for a reason. All you needed to do to get it to load in Chrome was click on the words "Load Basic HTML" located on the bottom right corner of the screen that is displayed as soon as your enter your user name and password into GMail.

I have the opposite problem. The new look (which sucks) works fine for me in Opera, but the old look will no longer load in Opera unless I use the basic html.