Job Posting: Blitz Programmer and 2D Artist

Community Forums/General Help/Job Posting: Blitz Programmer and 2D Artist

Jaquio1319(Posted 2011) [#1]
Removed due to immature responses and high pay rates. Project moved to www.freelancer.com [under C++ and C#] and University of Cincinnati student forums (project help section). You will find the project under the same name, "2D Game: Puzzle Platformer"

Last edited 2011

Matty(Posted 2011) [#2]
Where does the other 80% of donations go? If charity, which one?

Gabriel(Posted 2011) [#3]
the funding of this project and the support of future project development.
?

JustLuke(Posted 2011) [#4]
And also, what part in the development will you play?

Jaquio1319(Posted 2011) [#5]
And also, what part in the development will you play?

Once everything is completed I am going to design all the maps. I just want all core components + map editor completed by a competent programmer and artist.

This game will have no story to it. I simply want a game that can simply be opened up and played for fun (For example, in LR the only thing you know is gold was stolen and your character is going around collecting it all back).

Where does the other 80% of donations go? If charity, which one?

This is a good question. As I stated in the original post, I do not plan on seeing a lot of income for this game. I only expect a moderately amount of fans to want to buy merchandise to support my games and very few people being interested in buying the source code.

That being said, simple games like these do have a tendency to take off in popularity if they are fun and not buggy. Should there be a big amount of support I am definitely going to donate some money to a charitable organization called Healing the Children. This is a non-profit group that brings children from all over the world to the US, finds them host families and gets them medical care. My family was a host family for this group until we decided to adopt 2 of the kids we took care of (now we just take care of them ourselves and no longer take anymore kids but still go to conventions and stuff).

-=Darkheart=-(Posted 2011) [#6]
Best, "Make my game for me!", thread I've seen for ages; love the some "money to charity" angle, otherwise it might have looked like you were trying to cynically exploit people...

LOL

Darkheart

Last edited 2011

Jaquio1319(Posted 2011) [#7]
Darkheart, this is exactly the reason I did not want to ask people online. Someone asked if any of it would go to charity and I answered their question.

And how is this a "make my game for me!" thread? This is a job posting with specific requirements and discussable pay rate. Do you go around to freelance sites, pose as a programmer looking for a job, then find every game project and laugh at their attempt to "exploit" people?

If you knew my real name you would see that my family is actually a very big part of the organization I said I would donate too should this project get better support than I, or anyone else, would expect it too. My parents are on their "care council", have had 4 appearances in our cities news paper, and many other publications.

So I guess I will take this job locally to colleges like I was originally going to. Already had some interest there anyway. I just figured I would see what kind of talent I could find online plus have it written in BM, a language easier for new programmers to get results in (open BM code would be a better learning tool than open C++)

So if this is the attitude I will get on here then I'll just forget about it. I got 2 e-mails from people wanting to do the job but they wanted too much (one guy said $10,000 a month). Doing it myself is not an option. I am taking 16 credit hours of college plus working 30 hours a week. Sorry that I had to ask for a team. Didn't mean to "exploit" anyone.

Last edited 2011