New website

Community Forums/General Help/New website

GfK(Posted 2011) [#1]
I'm soon going to be setting up a new website for my own games - currently that's just Magicville and Crime Solitaire, plus whatever I do in future. I'm going to be releasing CS for iOS soon which is really what's kick-started me into getting a new website sorted.

My options are these:

1. Use a CMS (too complex for what I want?)
2. Write my own with hand-coded HTML pages for each game (there aren't many but might be later - Grey Alien's site seems to do this?)
3. Write my own with a PHP/SQL back-end.

The key factors in all of this, are that I do not want to spend weeks faffing about maintaining the site as I just do not have the time for it. I think that a CMS might be the best way to go but again, I don't want to spend time farting about in the code to get things how I want.

I seem to be listening to Bjork today, so no wonder I'm confused about everything.

jkrankie(Posted 2011) [#2]
Use wordpress. It's Ace!

Cheers
Charlie

nrasool(Posted 2011) [#3]
Use Wordpress, it doubley ace!! ;-)

It very good, good plugins, okay template system to customise but always kept up to date

Kind Regards

LineOf7s(Posted 2011) [#4]
Admittedly, I know squat about this sort of thing - my own website is in a permanent state of flux as I find a moment here and there to learn new things - but Wordpress was the first thing I thought of when I saw your requirements.

(That being said, I don't use Wordpress...)

Last edited 2011