PHP modifications

Community Forums/General Help/PHP modifications

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi,

Anyone interested in making what could be very simple mods to some of my websites php code?

The original creator whom I paid to create it left in something I had asked not to have, but I cannot get this person to respond to emails these last 4 months.

Basically I'm running some custom gnet code , like the blitzbasic.com gnet you can add a server to it, but you can also add logged in players so that the same player cannot login twice, the same database can also hold player stats.

Works great aside from one thing. I wanted the player data only hold the most recent record, but it currently stacks all records. When you ask the php code for a players record it will respond with the most recent, but the database gets pretty big just with me testing day in and out.. I cant imagine how large it will become if ever more players ever show up regularly.

So the changes I want are (i think) simple. To have the php remove all other records from a player when they send in a new record, so that the only existing record per player is the newest one.

If you can help let me know.. I can pay very little about 20.00 - 25.00 USD for this as I'm completely broke. I'll send you the existing code from the website. I did this once before and the person said they got my email but were unable to reply to because it was an AOL address

So if you cant really help, don't tell me you can.. I don't mean to sound rude but its frustrating to go though the steps to get the code to a person and wait on someone who never intends to reply.

Last edited 2011

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#2]
Doesn't sound like too much work. I'd be willing to take a look for you. It sounds that it only has to clean up some records when adding a new record.

Will you be resetting the database, or do you need it cleaned up as well?

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#3]
email sent, thanks!

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#4]
Got it. Will look into it asap.