Game title thoughts - suggestions encouraged

Community Forums/General Help/Game title thoughts - suggestions encouraged

Matty(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello all,

I've been working on this top down corridor shooter (think something similar to Alien Breed except with zombies not aliens, and these zombies are not just mindless shambling automatons but carry flamethrowers, rocketlaunchers, shotguns, emit poison gas etc, have multiple pairs of arms etc). The player has to find/rescue the surviving scientist on each level, and then make his way to the exit. Along the way enemies drop ammo and credits/cash which can be picked up and spent at the computer terminal on each level to purchase equipment and better guns. Not only that but each level has a time limit before the level is flooded with poison gas meaning the player has to be quick.

That's a basic overview. Currently all graphics are placeholder but our artist will begin working on them soon enough - and it's a lot of fun for all who've played it.

Now I'm struggling for a title. The backdrop is that the player is a soldier in a 'monolithic corporate entity' enlisted to put down a zombie virus outbreak in a research facility...The gameplay is action packed fast paced with lots of firepower.

Possible titles so far: (most of these are terrible so that's why I'm coming to you guys for assistance).

Plague Soldier
Plague Defender
Mission Zombie Rescue
Infection Squad 88
Frantic Firepower Frenzy
Frank Fury faces the Zombie Apocalypse
Contagion Containment
Contagion Warrior
Bubonic Gun-Tronic

....your possible titles....:

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#2]
Human Resources
The Cutback
The Things I Do For Grant Money
Workforce Reduction
"Just Think Of The Potential!"
Plunging Stocks
Reanimated Research Revenues
The Scientific Method
Research And Destruction

Matty(Posted 2011) [#3]
Thanks Yasha - Research and Destruction takes my eye, but I'm keen to see some more from everyone else too! Thanks.

JustLuke(Posted 2011) [#4]
I'd go with something short and snappy - a one or two word title, comprised of only a handful of syllables.

For example:

Kill 'Em All
Gross Out
Oooz
Mutagen
Die, Please!
Code Z - as in, "There's been a Code Z Zombie outbreak in the lab!"
Redeaden - as in, "Your task, soldier, is to get in there and, err, redeaden those undead!"

Matty(Posted 2011) [#5]
Yes short and snappy is good - more along the lines of those that you've posted JustLuke would be good - I like "Oooz" and "Code Z" - "Mutagen" sounds good too but I hope it's not already taken!

Along those lines some more short and snappy ones of my own perhaps are:

Infectious
Oozy Splat!
Microbe - Z
Sergeant Splatter
X - Infection
Oozy Exterminator

Adam Novagen(Posted 2011) [#6]
Well, if you wanna have one of those oh-god-it's-so-dramatic-just-look-at-it titles, I'd go for

LOCKDOWN: NECROSIS

Alternatively, if you want something a bit more along the lines of a euphemism such as might be used by said monolithic corporate entity, try

Clean Sweep

If you want something that's a bit edgier or almost cheeky/sarcastic, since they're zombies - the principle being that they die and then come back - you could use something like

Stay Down!

Or you could just say "hell with it" and take the sci-fi/military angle with

Outbreak Zulu-One (As in Z-1, Zombie-1, you get the idea. Also forms "OZO" as the title abbreviation by which lazy internet-goers would inevitably end up referring to the game by, which has a nice enough ring to it.)

Last edited 2011

Matty(Posted 2011) [#7]
I love "Lockdown:Necrosis" - over the top dramatic is great. But so too is Outbreak Zulu-One.

D4NM4N(Posted 2011) [#8]
Swine Flu II... the REVENGE!

*(Posted 2011) [#9]
What about Raging dead

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#10]
Lockdown:Necrosis

sounds good to me

Matty(Posted 2011) [#11]
Thanks all,, at present I'm going with Lockdown : Necrosis

-=Darkheart=-(Posted 2011) [#12]
"Revenge of the Spat Gore Monsters"

"Politician's Conference Simulator"

"Phase 4"

"Big Brother 2021"

Darkheart

GaryV(Posted 2011) [#13]
The backdrop is that the player is a soldier in a 'monolithic corporate entity' enlisted to put down a zombie virus outbreak in a research facility...The gameplay is action packed fast paced with lots of firepower.

Candy to the Rescue IV

Foppy(Posted 2011) [#14]
lol....

Death Lab

Lockdown : Necrosis sounds good yes.

Dabhand(Posted 2011) [#15]
Spazgasm

Dabz

big10p(Posted 2011) [#16]
Dead Space

Although, I do like Lockdown : Necrosis, also.

[edit] Meh, forget that. Seems there's already a game called Dead Space.

Last edited 2011

Putrefaction?

Last edited 2011

Dabhand(Posted 2011) [#17]
Termination: Exsanguination Effect

Snazzy

Dabz

Matty(Posted 2011) [#18]
Thanks all, hopefully in a few more weeks the art work will all be done and I'll have something to show you, most likely both a flash and an android version....or possibly just the android version at the moment.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2011) [#19]
... or possibly just the android version at the moment.

NOOO! I DEMAND TO BE KEPT IN THIS LOOP! FLASH OR DIE! >:L

I also demand $5,000,000,000,000,000,000 for the licensing rights to my intellectual property of LOCKDOWN: NECROSIS(c)(r)(tm)(mt)(gmt)(est)(ttfn), payable in cash, cheque or monkeys' testicles.

"Politician's Conference Simulator"

<3

Last edited 2011

Dabhand(Posted 2011) [#20]

or possibly just the android version at the moment.

If your worried about someone nicking your flash build and touting it as their own, then take a peek here:-

http://www.indiecodez.com/forum/index.php/topic,199.msg5340.html#new

Dabz

Matty(Posted 2011) [#21]
Flash version will be released....after the android version...@Adam - I'm not sure what the going rate for monkey's testicles are but I'll see what I can do.