A favor for me?

Community Forums/General Help/A favor for me?

Kiyoshi(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hey, its me again, people. This time, I'd like someone to check something out for me...

I've been looking at some websites that sell animated 3d models, and I found one that I'd like to make a future purchase from someday. For now, I prefer using the b3d format for my models. Of course, I'll use something else if I have to, but b3d is my format of choice at the moment.

Now, this website has a downloads section that has 2 free animated models that you can test before you purchase. I downloaded these and typed up a quick program to test them. However, the b3d file won't seem to animate for me. I tried a few of b3d models I've had for a while with my program, and they animated just fine. Could someone please check this out for me, and see if they can get the b3d models to animate? I don't want to make an expensive purchase just to find that the models don't animate.

Here's the website's download section:
http://www.3drt.com/downloads.htm

The models are called:
Free animated 3D character model
Free monster character animated model

If someone gets them to animate, please tell me; it must be some error in my program then. If not, please also tell me, because I wouldn't want to spend my money on a site that sells faulty models.

Thanks!
Zaraki

Matty(Posted 2011) [#2]
I just tried it too with the following code:

Graphics3D 800,600,0,2
anim=LoadAnimMesh("monster-animated-character.b3d")
;Animate anim
camera=CreateCamera()
MoveEntity camera,0,50,-50
PointEntity camera,anim

EntityFX anim,1
AmbientLight 255,255,255
pivot=CreatePivot()
EntityParent camera,pivot
Repeat
SetAnimTime anim,frame
frame = frame + 1
TurnEntity pivot,0,1,0
UpdateWorld
RenderWorld
drawchild(camera,anim)

Text 0,0,AnimLength(anim)
Flip
Until KeyDown(1)
End

Function drawchild(camera,ent)
For c=1 To CountChildren(ent)
	child=GetChild(ent,c)
	CameraProject camera,EntityX(child,True),EntityY(child,True),EntityZ(child,True)
	Oval ProjectedX(),ProjectedY(),1,1,1
	drawchild(camera,child)

Next 

End Function 

...and it didn't animate, nor did the bones move...bizarre.

Kiyoshi(Posted 2011) [#3]
I see, thanks for checking that out for me. I suppose I'd better find a different site to purchase from then!