Animated models

Community Forums/General Help/Animated models

Kiyoshi(Posted 2011) [#1]
Okay, I have 2 questions. One is more of a request, but the question first.

1: I've downloaded pretty much all the animated models from Psionics page, and I've been using them for a long time. I've gotten quite bored with them, so I was wondering if anyone knew any other websites that provide free B3D animated models with the quality of Psionics free models? I've looked for a long time and I can't seem to find any besides Psionic.

And 2: I know this is a big request, but I was wondering if someone with modeling and animation skills could make me a character model for a game I'd like to make? I'd like it to be a bit cartoony, so nothing overly detailed. If there's someone who'd be nice enough to do it for free, as I can't afford to purchase a model, or have the skills to do it myself, I'd greatly appreciate it. If this gets someones attention, I'll go into further details about what I need.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Zaraki

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#2]
What do you need it for? If you were willing to use Psionic's models, I assume you weren't going to try to sell the game yet - they're highly recognizable. So if it's still in a testing/playing-by-yourself phase, you don't necessarily need to limit yourself to redistributable models.

i.e. Go and find an asset-extractor for your favourite game that matches your style on a modding site, and rip characters out of that. You'll have a more interesting test environment.

Just remember to replace them all before you distribute it to other people.

Alternatively, you could start low and use the Psionic models as a base - tweak the mesh and texture and animation in little places using an appropriate tool. Perhaps easier than starting from scratch. You could do this with ripped models too, but it would be a bit of a waste of effort since you still couldn't use them in public.

You may also have more success finding an artist who will work for free or cheap on an animation forum.

I too wish I could do any of this stuff.

Nice_But_Dim(Posted 2011) [#3]
This is worth a try.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse

There might be a converter i dont no.Perhaps someone else does.

Kiyoshi(Posted 2011) [#4]
Thanks. I think I'll try what you said, Yasha, and rip characters out of a game. Right now I'm just making games for friends to play when they come over. As for tweaking Psionics models, I think I prefer to stay away from modeling for now. :)