3d model

Community Forums/General Help/3d model

Heliotrope(Posted 2011) [#1]
I have looked everywhere and can't find one. Does anyone have a model of a ww2 88 german artillery piece.
O, and the other thing was, is there a way to convert .skp to .3ds.

Last edited 2011

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#2]
Hello Mark,
I hope I'm not too rude, but I simply googled "SKP to 3DS" and the first result that comes up has a guide on how to do that using a free tool from AutoDesk called "FBX Converter".
I imagine the model you already have you downloaded from Sketchup's 3DWarehouse (that's why it's in .SKP format).
But you are also allowed to download it in .DAE (Collada) format, which FBX Converter can convert to .FBX and then from .FBX to .3DS (it's all in the guide).

So, bottom line:
- Download the Sketchup Flak 88 model again, but choose the Collada file (it comes in a .ZIP).
- Google "SKP to 3DS" and look for a "Dev Shed" forum thread result, it should be at the top of the results. This is the guide telling you what to do.

Heliotrope(Posted 2011) [#3]
I tried that converter and it keeps saying incompleate model or something.
also, I know about google's warehouse and 3dvia. Are there any other sites for 3d models.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#4]
Check this out :)

Tool Resource :)
http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=92779

Heliotrope(Posted 2011) [#5]
thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,tanks,tanks,tanks,tanks,tanks,tanks,tanks,tanks,anks,anks and anks.
These sites are everething that I've been looking for since I started blitz.

Last edited 2011

Heliotrope(Posted 2011) [#6]
But I still have the problem of converting skp to 3ds.
(this is when glory and happyness fade and turn into dreed and dispare...

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#7]
Try reading that

http://forums.devshed.com/game-development-141/converting-sketchup-models-to-3dst-519710.html

Heliotrope(Posted 2011) [#8]
ok lets try a different method. is there a dll file out there that can help blitz do the convertion.