:!

Community Forums/General Help/:!

Yue(Posted 2011) [#1]
Gentlemen, I use this site without the urge to annoy anyone, if that's the way I apologize.

I live in a country where I am is very difficult to get a computer, if any of you wish to give one to continue learning systems would be greatly appreciated, maybe you have a computer that does not use, I assure you that for me would be helpful if you donate to me.

well, would have to go into details of who I am but I guess the important thing is to ask for help and not be in doubt whether it could or not.

Regards.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#2]
If any of you are in a charitable mood after reading the above then I'd like some money please. Its very difficult to get money in my country. Notes only please cos coins will scratch my piggybank.

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#3]
Pound notes good for you GfK? ;-)

(yes, they still accept them in the caves north of the border)

H&K(Posted 2011) [#4]
If only there was something in Colombia that was difficult to get here. Then you could get me some of that, and we could do a swap.

Matty(Posted 2011) [#5]
Hi Yue -

I have a spare Windows 98 Pc gathering dust but I think postage would be rather difficult....and I'm not sure if the hard drives still work after 9 years of disuse.

JustLuke(Posted 2011) [#6]
If only there was something in Colombia that was difficult to get here. Then you could get me some of that, and we could do a swap.

How about opium?

Last edited 2011

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2011) [#7]
The internet creates a great divide between the Haves and Have-nots.

Shambler(Posted 2011) [#8]
I would like some old £1 notes too please, especially ones with 'MN' in the serial number as these are worth about £1,000 each today =)

JustLuke(Posted 2011) [#9]
The internet creates a great divide between the Haves and Have-nots.

Nah. It just allows them to bicker and point fingers at each other.

Ross C(Posted 2011) [#10]
NO IT DOESN'T!

*points a finger*

H&K(Posted 2011) [#11]
How about opium?
Well, as more opium is produced in US and/or UK, and Australia, and ... then nope
I really do hope opium was a stupid joke, and I just haven't got it, cos is not Opium that Columbia is famous for.

I was obviously talking about the big C.

Coffee ;)

GfK(Posted 2011) [#12]
Well, as more opium is produced in US and/or UK, and Australia, and ... then nope
Most of the world's opium comes from Afghanistan.

H&K(Posted 2011) [#13]
Most of the world's opium comes from Afghanistan.
But I don't live in Afghanistan, and I asked for something easier to get in Columbia, than here.

Also, A minor point, Although Afghanistan produces more, it isn't a great exporter, so really most if the opium for sale in the world isnt from Afghanistan even-thou most of he production is. (Im not saying they don't export, just that most production is for self use) (And the rest is to buy weapons to fight us I suppose)(Oh and this export amount has probably gone up every year of the current conflict)

Remember as well as trying to impose western values on the "Taliban", we are also trying to cold turkey a culture of smackheads

GfK(Posted 2011) [#14]
But I don't live in Afghanistan, and I asked for something easier to get in Columbia, than here.
Then why mention US, UK and Australia??

Anyway, Cigars. thats what you meant.

H&K(Posted 2011) [#15]
I mentioned US, UK, and Australia, because I figured this is the English board, and hes sort of addressing the "Richer" members, and I figured they would probably be from the US and the UK.
And I was saying Opium is a stupid answer cos both the UK and US produce more than Columbia.

I decided the list needed three names, and just picked Australia over Canada.

Now there is a possibility, that his request for a computer was to the Taliban, and if id have considered that, i would have included Afghanistan.

JustLuke(Posted 2011) [#16]
Colombia is a very well known international drug trafficking hub, H&K...

But please accept my apology for posting a stupid reply on such a sensible begging topic thread. :)

H&K(Posted 2011) [#17]
Colombia is a very well known international drug trafficking hub, H&K...
I know this hence the whole joke about what's easier to get there.
What isn't easier to get is opium, you just unforutnatly picked a drug that Columbia is not famous for. To the point that I hoped you had picked it on purpose as a joke.

I then commented that it would easier to get Opium in the nations he was probably asking for a computer from. And made another feeble joke about Columbia's drugs by saying it was the legal C I wanted.

Last edited 2011