Help to modify some PHP code

Community Forums/General Help/Help to modify some PHP code

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#1]
I had hired someone to make my website about a year ago, and one of the tasks was to convert GNET to work on my site with specific tables and such..

one table is a leaderboard with playername, rank, time at rank, and what server they play on.

What its doing is keeping every entry , even duplicates .. what I want it to do is remove any already existing entry if the playername and server played on match, and just keep the most recent.

Right now for example.. its keeping all but displaying the highest rank. so if a player gets to rank 255, but later drops to rank 100.. it still shows him at rank 255 on the leaderboard.

If anyone here is up to speed on php and html and would like to give this a look for me I would be thankful for the help. I can see where its listing and stuff but im not sure how to change it properly.

You can reply here if you like, or email me Gamemaker04@... im dead broke so I cant pay for the help, I would hope it would be a matter of minutes to look at and repair if you know php well enough. I can add credits in the game or an affiliate link on my site.. I just dont have any money to throw at this.

Thanks

Last edited 2011

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2011) [#2]
How are you storing the entries, are they strings, a mysql table etc?

Send me an email with the info if you like and I'll have a look later tonight.

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#3]
you got it, thanks.

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#4]
hey .rIKmaN you get my email ?

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2011) [#5]
Hi mate,

Yeah I replied when I read it about 11pm, did you not get the reply?

I'll be back home about 7pm so will have a look at it after a shower and some tea and mail you back. :)

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2011) [#6]
Just tried to send you a mail and it's failed mate, do you have an alternative address?

That's what you get for using AOHell :)

edit: I think the first one failed as well, that's why you didn't get my initial reply I guess...?

Last edited 2011

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#7]
Its GameMaker04@... <--Zero4

All of my emails are aol.. Been on it for 12 years or more, back from when it was a community chatroom thing.

the other one is love2teachk03@... <zero3