Can you test this please?

Community Forums/General Help/Can you test this please?

GfK(Posted 2011) [#1]
Posting here because although I'm working in Blitzmax, there's a potential hardware-specific problem that I want to check out the severity/existence of.

http://www.desktopgaming.net/junk/test.rar (~80k)

Its a simple hardware test which draws load of circles to the backbuffer, grabs a portion of it, then draws it on screen at the mouse coords. Press ESC to exit.

Just need to know if it works - nothing else. If it *doesn't* work for whatever reason, hardware spec would be handy.

Thanks.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2011) [#2]
Works fine for me :)

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#3]
Works.

therevills(Posted 2011) [#4]
Works fine here:

Windows XP SP2, Pentium D 3.2GHz, 2GB, GeForce FX 5200

Might be handy to switch drivers and make sure it works on all of them - although I've never had an issue with grabimage.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#5]
Steve

Have you released games using GrabImage?

therevills(Posted 2011) [#6]
Yep, the Bloobles used it at run time to create some of the damage tiles - this was using OpenGL and Directx7.

H&K(Posted 2011) [#7]
Works

WeBbook xp

You realise your about the only person who when they say, just download this and run it, that I do. If our kid did that for some bloke he "talked to on the net" he'd be banned from the comp.

GaryV(Posted 2011) [#8]
Works for me

GfK(Posted 2011) [#9]
@H&K: I didn't realise that but I'll take it as a compliment. :)

Warner(Posted 2011) [#10]
Works fine here, too.

jsp(Posted 2011) [#11]
Works also on VMware(uses OpenGL) - XP Image.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2011) [#12]
Fine here.

Just did a bit of site:blitzbasic.com Googling and found there was a DX9-specific GrabImage problem, but it looks like Mark sorted that. Only got a couple of other results for grabimage problem and they appear to have been driver-related.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#13]
Thanks all!

GaryV(Posted 2011) [#14]
Tested on 9 different systems at work today. Worked fine on a big variety of specs.

Ross C(Posted 2011) [#15]
Works. XP service pack 2.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2011) [#16]
@Ross, please check my timer thread :)

Thanks as usual mate! :)

Ross C(Posted 2011) [#17]
Sorry man, not at a blitzy computer. Haven't been for the past 2 days. Hope someone will help you out with yer problem though! I got a wedding to plan etc

GfK(Posted 2011) [#18]
Thanks everyone for the replies. Think I'm going to go with this method after all!

Ross: Check your email!

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2011) [#19]

Ginger Tea(Posted 2011) [#20]
Ross: Check you've got the ring

Ross C(Posted 2011) [#21]
S'ok man. I have some backup's incase I get peckish:

col(Posted 2011) [#22]
Works on my laptop.

Sony VGN-FW31M

*(Posted 2011) [#23]
Works fine on my XP netbook

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#24]
It work fine on mine

Last edited 2011

Steve Elliott(Posted 2011) [#25]
Ah, Norton blocked and removed the program for behaving suspiciously.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2011) [#26]
It does that ><

Grisu(Posted 2011) [#27]
Works fine here on an i7-920 + Ati6850 + Win7 (64 Bit).

GfK(Posted 2011) [#28]
@Steve: norton is a paranoid schizophrenic. This exe is a compiled version of the code i posted in the blitzmax forum last week and is as innocent as code gets.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2011) [#29]
norton is a paranoid schizophrenic.

Best thing I've read all day. Norton once gave me a blaring popup warning because I had opened Internet Explorer, and - horror of horrors - it was trying to access the internet. EGAD. While the mere fact that I was still USING Internet Explorer at that time was admittedly cause for alarm, you see the point I'm trying to make. ;D

Last edited 2011

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2011) [#30]
AHAHA! Norton IS a paranoid schitzo