Community Forums/General Help/I need mental help

Hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#1]
anyone?

GfK(Posted 2011) [#2]
Is this meant to be funny?

GaryV(Posted 2011) [#3]
He should get points for honesty :D

SLotman(Posted 2011) [#4]
Get a cable from any household appliance - cut the cable to expose the wires. Connect the cables to the wall energy plug.

Get your head soaking wet. Connect the other end of the cable on your head.

Voilá. House-made instant shock therapy!

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2011) [#5]
I think we all need help once in a while. My self-help tip: relax. Take a break. The world is an all-consuming place-- best to chill once in a while and just accept the way things are. People watch, traffic watch, or just watch the river or the ocean.

On a lighter note-- shock therapy is great, especially home-made, since if you survive you'll end up being 'enlightened'. (pun?)

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#6]
If you were really in trouble you would most likely have taken the time to write about your problem instead of saying "anyone?", without providing any context or background.

If you are indeed in trouble, you should take that step further and tell us more about it.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#7]
If you are indeed in trouble, you should take that step further and tell us more about it.
No - you should get professional advice from your GP. This is a programming forum - not a psychiatric ward. We've had more than our fair share of fruitloops over the years. One that springs to mind is 'suicidal dave', who went out on a weekend, drank too much, groped some women and got a slapped face quite often. Every Saturday night, without fail, he would come here and post lengthy transcripts of his nightly adventures, followed by threats of suicide because, shall we say, bouts of fornication were not very forthcoming due to his 'hands on' approach to women.

He got told to shove off, in the end, with a polite "get help". I don't think that looking like one of The Proclaimers was helping his cause much, either.

Hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#8]
yes it was half a joke GrayV, its written general help so ive said why not try ...
but
sure this is not the place for getting mental help right? :)
but im not ashamed in anything cheers

Hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#9]
oops ive ment GFK not GaryV :P
wish you all the best

Hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#10]
GFK im not going to spill my guts here.
Im here for the programming reasone only.
I have other forums for that stuff if I want.

Sorry for your bad expiriance with this 'suicidal dave'

GfK(Posted 2011) [#11]
Sorry for your bad expiriance with this 'suicidal dave'
It wasn't a bad experience. He was unintentionally hilarious.

Hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#12]
at least he got that right

D4NM4N(Posted 2011) [#13]
We all need mental help...
Stiff upper lip man!.

I need mental help with OSX + networked file shares at the moment, but that is just me.

Last edited 2011

dawlane(Posted 2011) [#14]
All programmers have to be mentally unbalanced to create addictive games just look at Matthew Smith with Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy.

D4NM4N(Posted 2011) [#15]
Agreed although i am sure some serious psychotropics were responsible for Mario. :/

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2011) [#16]
Tough crowd...