Chrome has gone funny

Community Forums/General Help/Chrome has gone funny

GfK(Posted 2011) [#1]
For the last week or so, Chrome has been unable to connect to the update server (error 3). Done some googling and everything suggested in the registry etc checks out OK.

I've uninstalled, cleared out the leftovers, reinstalled, and its still the same. The version number is "11.0.696.60 unknown". I don't know when the "unknown" bit appeared or what its there for.

Anybody else getting this? I hope Chrome isn't turning into Direfox.

[edit] Oh, and I hate the new Chrome icon. Flat as a witch's tit, it is. The old one had a bit of class about it.

Last edited 2011

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#2]
I've had something similar in the past -- IIRC I had to clear the local settings by wiping/renaming a folder under c:\users\<user>\AppData\Local ... either Chrome, Chromium, something similar.

Oiduts Studios(Posted 2011) [#3]
Every time I execute chrome it shows an error twice saying...

Your preferences cannot be read.

Some features may be unavailable and changes to preferences won't be saved.

Then it comes up working just fine, it's just that I can't install any plug-ins. I have uninstalled and repaired it a dozen times but it always has the same error :/

Last edited 2011

big10p(Posted 2011) [#4]
Wow, Chrome sounds great. :P

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#5]
Oiduts studios; same fix for that as in my previous post.

Last edited 2011

D4NM4N(Posted 2011) [#6]
Seem to be working ok here (Ubuntu & OSX)

GfK(Posted 2011) [#7]
Its the same on both my win7 PCs.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2011) [#8]

Wow, Chrome sounds great. :P

IE 9 wouldn't even work at all when I installed it. Chrome works great for me, not sure what's happened there.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#9]
Chrome works great for me
Lucky you! I found it to be very unstable and also it has lots of visual glitches on HTML5 Canvas drawing and maybe the worst text rendering I've seen in a modern browser... Other than this works pretty well...

Edit: Take a look to the same page in chrome, IE, Firefox and Safari. All of them with default settings:

You can see wich one renders wrong the site font

Last edited 2011