question for Android/IMAP users

Community Forums/General Help/question for Android/IMAP users

GfK(Posted 2011) [#1]
When I delete an email, it disappears from my phone and "seems" to have been deleted. Yet, when I lock my phone there's a message saying "1 email". I go back and look but there's nothing there.

Found out that the email is not being deleted at all - its still there, unread, in my inbox. I can only get rid of the "1 email" message by going into my email account on a PC, and deleting it from there.

Why does it do this? I'm using the email client that comes with Android - should I get a better one? Recommendations?

D4NM4N(Posted 2011) [#2]
On my phone I have the updater set to 60 minute intervals. Any changes i make to inbox/folders will not sync until then (unless i do a menu-refresh).
I believe you can set it to 5 minutes but i am on a low data plan so not good idea for me :D
not sure if there is a realtime mode or not :/

PS, what service are you using? Gmail, MS exchange via imap or your ISP/domain ?

Last edited 2011

GfK(Posted 2011) [#3]
Its my own domain. i have auto refresh off so i might turn that on and see what happens.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#4]
I would recommend you to switch to K9 mail. This solved it for me and works pretty well.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#5]
I would recommend you to switch to K9 mail. This solved it for me and works pretty well
Thanks - works much better and more customisable too.