Had anyone Bought anythings from Amazon.com?

Community Forums/General Help/Had anyone Bought anythings from Amazon.com?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#1]
What I would like to know is...it is good and do you have any problem from them?

I thinking of buying the book from Amazon.com but I am not sure hence why I ask you question if you have bought anythings from Amazon.com and how good is their service....

D4NM4N(Posted 2011) [#2]
Bought lots, never had a problem with them. Delivery time is reasonable.

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#3]
I've been using it since 1998 :-)

amazon.co.uk is better than amazon.com if you are in the UK.

although I may need to go .com if they decide not to sell NASCAR 2011 in the UK... Pah!

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#4]
amazon.co.uk is better than amazon.com if you are in the UK

Note that there's a difference between products sold by Amazon, and "used and new" products sold by users (same interface to buy from both sources - they try to keep it seamless).

I recently bought an out-of-print book (The Implementation of Functional Programming Languages by SLPJ) - UK sellers were asking something like £150 (it's currently down to £118). I found a US seller offering it for £15 or so, plus £3.50 postage. Took three days to arrive.

It can pay to look around a bit.

CGV(Posted 2011) [#5]
I do about 90% of my online shopping through Amazon as well as their Marketplace sellers without ever having a problem.

Actually I had one problem where my mail carrier left a package on my doorstep and walked away without even ringing my bell, and sure enough someone stole it.

I notified Amazon about never receiving the package and they said sorry and sent me another one!

Which is why I do 90% of my shopping through them.

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#6]
I bought some DVDs from a Marketplace user at Amazon.JP. Came all the way from Japan without a problem.

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#7]

What I would like to know is...it is good and do you have any problem from them?

I thinking of buying the book from Amazon.com but I am not sure hence why I ask you question if you have bought anythings from Amazon.com and how good is their service....

Amazon is the biggest bookstore on the planet, so they must be doing something right.

I've ordered plenty of things myself there over the years, and never had any problems. However, like Yasha pointed out, not everything on their site is sold by them, some of them come from other vendors, which may be less reliable. Everything is marked as such though, just keep your eyes open for it.

Anyway, if you're wondering how good or bad a particular online company is, I'd suggest taking a look at resellerratings.com -- people can rate their experiences with various companies there, so you get a bit of an idea how reputable they are.

Last edited 2011

Pengwin(Posted 2011) [#8]
Just to re-iterate what others have said. I have bought a lot from Amazon, never had any problems.

Basil(Posted 2011) [#9]
Their customer service is excellent. In the UK there is a freephone number and the people that answer can actually do something about your query.

Marketplace sellers have also been very good. I guess too many complaints and Amazon will remove them.

Basil

ima747(Posted 2011) [#10]
I find their standard shipping a little slow, but with a prime account I buy just about everything online from them (except computer hardware, for that newegg is the king).

Take note of who you're buying from THROUGH amazon. Other retailers/individuals/etc. can sell through amazon, sometimes they're better than amazon, sometimes note, check reviews of the seller if it's not coming direct from amazon. Amazon can also do the handling for other people... nothing wrong with any of that, just something to be aware of (so you know who is supposed to put what you want in a box).

As others have said look for their country specific site if possible, you're likely to get faster/cheaper shipments and localized customer support.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#11]
Both Amazon and Play.com have turned into their own version of eBay lately, and I don't like it. You really need to be on your toes to ensure that when you want to buy something from Amazon, that its actually Amazon you're buying it from, and not some Delboy wheeler-dealer with an internet connection and a garage full of Showaddywaddy LPs.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#12]
thank you for all feedback as it`s been interesting readings :)

John G(Posted 2011) [#13]
Amazon.com can change prices often. Tax software changed $5 within a day. Good otherwise.

Alberto(Posted 2011) [#14]
never had problem and I purchased many books
Once , 1 book out of 4 was missing even though it was included in the packing list
I dropped an e-mail, some days after the book has been shipped by express courier, free of charge of course

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2011) [#15]
Bought stacks of stuff from them. Very good to deal with.

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#16]
Ive bought from those del-boy types loadsa times. Once the bloke didnt send me the game and i simply got a refund from amazon.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2011) [#17]
Even bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner from them, only problem was 2 turned up instead of one.

-=Darkheart=-(Posted 2011) [#18]
Generally very good, delivery times for technical books can be long if you go for the cheapest delivery.

Darkheart

KronosUK(Posted 2011) [#19]
Returns can be made easily and without fuss as well.

AdrianT(Posted 2011) [#20]
My wife and I use Amazon quite a lot. My wife even writes a lot of reviews to the point that she got selected for their vine program. Basically she gets to pick free stuff from a big list on the last two thursdays of each month and they ship them to her for a review. She keeps the item after, pretty cool. We get a lot of books, but also stuff like WD media hubs, Juicer, Altec lansing iPad media stand and a whole bunch of neat stuff for free, turntable with mp3 recording etc.

We haven't had any shipping problems with either bought or review items so far so really can't complain.