Help needed - Mac installer Defenstar

Community Forums/General Help/Help needed - Mac installer Defenstar

Playniax(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi there,

For our game Defenstar we would like to have an installer for MacOS. I could go through all the trouble and do it myself but honestly I lack the experience for MacOS and I do not have the time. Can some one built a package (with package maker) that installs Defenstar the proper way on a mac including showing the icon on the dock for a small compensation. Interested? Contact me please!

Tony
Playniax

Last edited 2011

jkrankie(Posted 2011) [#2]
Mac apps don't tend to do this outside of the app store. You'd be better off with a .zip or a .dmg

Cheers
Charlie

jhans0n(Posted 2011) [#3]
Yeah, just stick it in a .dmg.

By the way, Mac users hate stuff that gets added to the dock automatically.

Playniax(Posted 2011) [#4]
So distribution with a zip or dmg file would not be a problem for mac users? Ok, I thought this would not be 'professional'.

Thanks! I'm going for the zip or dmg file.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#5]
Use a dmg file.

jkrankie(Posted 2011) [#6]
On apple's old download site, they wouldn't let you link to .dmg files, as users would just run the app from the dmg rather than drag it into applications, which can cause problems. You're better off with a .zip

Cheers
Charlie

Playniax(Posted 2011) [#7]
What to do now, what to do? Anyone more advice?

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#8]
Offer both?

therevills(Posted 2011) [#9]
Normally I give users who download from my site a dmg... which just contain the .app file.

Ive seen some dmg which auto launches, displays a window where the user drags the app into the applications folder.