.Visual Studio 2008 Express autocomplete settings.

Community Forums/General Help/.Visual Studio 2008 Express autocomplete settings.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2010) [#1]
..i just cant get it working and its really frustrating me..i did try few examples from internet but none seems to work..any suggestion here?

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#2]
I think there is a bug, because sometimes my autocomplete and intellisense stops working without warning. I have to toggle it off and on in setup then restart the whole system (not just vs) and then it works again.

Another option, you could try disabling the application data in your user profile for VS to return it to it's default settings. (i would rename the folder rather than deleting it... just in case :)

Last edited 2010

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#3]
You better off using Code Block IDE which is very good as it isnt system hogs!

Gabriel(Posted 2011) [#4]
Any pointers as to what you're using and what's missing? C++? C#? VB? Can you get any intellisense/autocomplete at all? Is it a particular library you can't get prompts for or absolutely everything?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2011) [#5]
..im using C++ and C#..most of the time C++..stuff im working on gets bigger and intellisense/autocomplete is something i wanna have to make life easier..tried Ctrl+alt+space but didnt get it work..its quite frustrating to reset computer every time bloody thing stop working, in order to get it back..huh..ill take a look at Code Block ide..