Trying to Delete the Files!?

Community Forums/General Help/Trying to Delete the Files!?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#1]
When I try to install game and I get the message problem saying this

Summary not available.

This may be a result of an invalid summary type request - e.g. requesting an install summary when an uninstall has occurred.

It driving me up the wall as I have check Program files and been uninstall before and game folder is gone.

Could anyone help me to know where the Hidden files is that is still there that need to be delete then i can Install the game without having problem above!

p.s. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate

Last edited 2010

Vampyre(Posted 2010) [#2]
Already checked your regedit ? Somtimes some values remain stuck there

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#3]
How do I check the Regedit please?

dawlane(Posted 2010) [#4]
@Hotshot2005: What Vampyre is saying is that you will have to edit the registry using regedit to remove any information that the software has install there and restart the computer. But unless you know exactly what you are doing your could trash you system. Your best bet is to use a registry cleaner or a system maintenance tools something like System Mechanic Pro but always back up your registry before you use any of these tools.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#5]
Thank you for warning :)

Is CCleaner any good and will that clear out the registry that the software been uninstall before?

dawlane(Posted 2010) [#6]
Don't know about CCleaner you'll have to have a good look around to see what the reviews are for any tool before you decide to use/buy. At the moment I'm using System Mechanic Pro 10 and haven't had any problems so far. Oh and don't forget to make a system restore point as well.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#7]
System Mechanic Pro 10 ? interesting.....I going have good look at that because I am fed up of not getting my Fav game to installed because it keep saying

Summary not available.

This may be a result of an invalid summary type request - e.g. requesting an install summary when an uninstall has occurred.

It does drive me up the wall when I see this! sigh!

Yasha(Posted 2010) [#8]
CCleaner = YES

Just about the best tool in the whole universe. It is precisely what you need for such tasks! Strong recommendation!

Everyone using Windows should have CCleaner installed anyway. Run it every couple of days and you will notice the difference. I cannot emphasise this enough: there is no reason for anyone not to have this installed.

Last edited 2010

Shortwind(Posted 2010) [#9]
What game are you trying to install? Or does it do this on all game installs?

IMHO do not use any of these so called registry cleaners. Your option, your asking for trouble.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#10]
It is old Game FM 2007 that I am trying to install.....it work fine with other games

okee(Posted 2010) [#11]
Revo Uninstaller Pro should do it, i used it recently
to uninstall a particularly tricky piece of security
software.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/