Recommended Site for Buying Laptop Batteries?

Community Forums/General Help/Recommended Site for Buying Laptop Batteries?

JKP(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi,

I am looking to buy a replacement laptop battery for my ageing Acer Aspire 5102wlmi but I am a little wary of buying from some of the sites that are around. Frankly I'd rather not end up with a battery that explodes or leaks however unlikely it is to happen.

On the other hand, I don't want to spend a small fortune when the laptop itself is worth less than £100 these days.

Has anyone from the UK bought a replacement battery and what is your experience of the relevant site/brand?

Cheers,

James

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#2]
I have never had a problem with ebay's "Powersellers" and have bought many batteries in the past, often for between 1/8 to 1/2 the RRP.
(although i would not touch anyone on ebay who did not have that status)

Last edited 2010

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#3]
I have never had a problem with ebay's "Powersellers" and have bought many batteries in the past, often for between 1/8 to 1/2 the RRP.
(although i would not touch anyone on ebay who did not have that status)

Last edited 2010

GfK(Posted 2010) [#4]
I bought one from Battery Pro a few years ago for a Toshiba Satellite 1800-814. Worked perfectly well.

[edit] Click here

Last edited 2010

JKP(Posted 2010) [#5]
I kind of forgot about this post but I did manage to get a new battery in the end. I bought it from Smart Parts who sell on Amazon and it cost me just under £45 including shipping. Overall I'd say performance is about equal to the original but build quality is a bit lower.