Selling hardware online in the UK - What sites?

Community Forums/General Help/Selling hardware online in the UK - What sites?

Murilo(Posted 2010) [#1]
Other than eBay (with their extortionate fees), what other UK sites are there for selling computer hardware?

I've just got a new iMac, so I now need to sell my Mac Mini. I advertised on 123macmini, but the site seems to be dying a slow death lately. Are there any Apple specific sites for selling hardware? I see ebay as a last resort. I know it would sell quickly on there, but the combined ebay and paypal fees are too hefty these days.

I've submitted it to our local newspaper, but I can't imagine something as specific as a Mac Mini selling like that (but I could be wrong). I found a number of sites, but they all seem to be in the US.

Thanks

BlitzSupport(Posted 2010) [#2]
Gumtree.

Murilo(Posted 2010) [#3]
Thanks James. I'll take a look.

Murilo(Posted 2010) [#4]
Perfect - Thanks James.

I can't believe I haven't heard of it before.

Perturbatio(Posted 2010) [#5]
http://www.adtrader.co.uk/

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#6]
I can't believe I haven't heard of it before.

Kind of a catch-22 when it comes to those kind of sites: if you haven't heard of them, likely a good number of potential buyers haven't either.

There's a reason ebay is still the #1 auction site, regardless of the complaints sellers have with it.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2010) [#7]
Well, Gumtree is very popular for local straight sales.

Ad Trader looks good too -- bookmarked!

Murilo(Posted 2010) [#8]
Thanks Perturbatio - I'd not heard of adtrader either!

It looks like i'll be keeping my Mac Mini after all. The 27" iMac I received had 6 dead pixels, so I'm returning it. They have no more refurbs of the model I had right now.

Last edited 2010

Dabhand(Posted 2010) [#9]
www.wibihi.co.uk

Built by our very own Qube you know!

Dabz