Uninstall Files that I dont need?

Community Forums/General Help/Uninstall Files that I dont need?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#1]
I am not sure if is ok to Uninstall files that I dont need

I have Blitzmax 1.41 and Code block(using for C++)

Should I Uninstall all these files?

Mircosoft.net framework 1.1
Mircosoft SQL Server 2008 Management Object
Mircosoft SQL Server COMPACT 3.5 SP1 Design tools
Mircosoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 sp2 Enu
Mircosoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistrbutable
Mircosoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistrbutable
Mircosoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistrbutable - x86 9.0.3
SQL Server system CLR types
Etoken run time Evironment 3.60

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#2]
Blitzmax won't need any of those, but it's quite possible that other programs on your system do... Especially since you apparently use c++ as well...

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#3]
Note: be especially careful uninstalling the dot net 1.1 framework if you have Vista or Windows 7: It'll work on those operating systems if you upgraded from XP and was left in place, but you can not re-install the framework on Vista or 7 after you've removed it.

If it does turn out that you have an old dot net app that requires is, you will be out of luck.

*(Posted 2010) [#4]
You will find that LOADS of games require the VC++ entries. .Net uninstall is asking for trouble TBH.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2010) [#5]
guy at our house uninstalled/deleted random files from his low spec 2nd hand pc to get more drive space, he might as well have deleted "C:\windows\" for all the good it did him

Gabriel(Posted 2010) [#6]
You shouldn't be uninstalling any of those redistributables. Many applications of all kinds install these, and if you remove them, the application which uses them won't function (correctly) any more. Personally, I prefer to static link the VC runtimes, but it's considered good practice to link dynamically and then install the runtimes, so a lot of apps are going to depend on those.

And yeah, leave the .Net framework alone too.

Frankly, I don't see anything in there that sounds worth fiddling with. Why break something that doesn't need fixing?