Twitter\Facebook help on advertising.

Community Forums/General Help/Twitter\Facebook help on advertising.

WERDNA(Posted 2010) [#1]
Howdy folks!

I'm helping a friend with advertising on Facebook and Twitter and could use a bit
of help myself ;)

My friend is part of an Art Center, that contains over 200 artists, and is in charge
of advertising(With me now helping her out).

I understand the basics of Twitter and Facebook, but have a few specific questions that
I'll post below.

Question #1: Something I was doing yesterday, was helping my friend catch up
on Twitter. She wanted to 'Follow' everyone who was 'Following' her. Something
she hasn't done in awhile. Is there any kind of option to automatically follow anyone
who follows you? Because it became quite tedious scrolling down through the
list and clicking the 'Follow' button. If I could automate this that would help save
some time.

Question #2: She's having trouble figuring out the right 'tags' to put on her
messages on twitter, facebook, and her youtube videos. Is there a good tutorial
out there for helping you pick good tags?

Question #3: Her Facebook page is just the basic 'Friends Page', but since that
apparently has a limit of 1000 friends, she would like to change it to a 'Fan Page'
which has no limit. However she has nearly 400 friends on her current page, and
is worried about losing them all if she switches over to a Fan Page. How could
she keep them?

Question #4: She uses HootSuite and TweetDeck to post both on Facebook and
Twitter at the same time. These help out a great deal, so I'm wondering if there
are any other sites along these lines?

Question #5: Anything that would help automate any of the above so it doesn't
have to be done manually would help out tremendously.

Thanks folks!

Zethrax(Posted 2010) [#2]
I haven't had enough to do with either site to answer your questions, but I was under the impression that the maximum number of friends you can have on Facebook was 5000. As far as I'm aware, your fans page won't replace your friends page, or clear your friends list.

There's plenty of software tools and ebooks available to do or educate yourself on most of what you want there. A quick Google for "Twitter Auto Follow Software" showed some useful results, for example.

I also suggest doing some suitable searches at http://www.imreportcard.com/ . This site lists and ranks internet marketing tools and information products, and is where I generally go to when I want to find out if a product is worthwhile. Take a look through the comments for each listed product to see user reviews.

WERDNA(Posted 2010) [#3]
thanks Bill, much appreciated.

I'll check out the link.

Most of the other questions that I posed have since been answered through my own research :)