What C++ IDE do you used?

Community Forums/General Help/What C++ IDE do you used?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#1]
I mean there is

Bloodshed IDE ( Outdate)
Code Block
Mircosoft Express C++ 2010

I used Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition :)

Htbaa(Posted 2010) [#2]
I used to use Code::Blocks, then I stopped using C++ and moved to BlitzMax. Tried MSVC++ once but the IDE did a bit too much magic for me.

Gabriel(Posted 2010) [#3]
Interesting question. The programming equivalent of "if you were going to hack your legs off with a saw, what kind of saw would you use?" :)

Assuming that you can't afford Intel's compiler, I can't think of a good reason not to use Visual C++, if you really must use that abomination of a language. Bloodshed is not only outdated, but very inferior. Even if you're using MacOS or Linux, the vast majority of people run Windows either on a partition or in a VM, so Visual Studio should always be available. The fact that Visual C++ allows you to write non-cross-platform code isn't a real argument against it either, since it doesn't *force* you to write bad code.

VC++ 2008 Express is the only edition I have installed. I don't actually use it, since I have Visual C# 2005 and 2008, both of which are vastly superior, IMO. If I did have to go back and do a bit of C++ fiddling, write a DLL, plugin or something, then that's the one I would use. Like it or not, it's the industry standard C/C++ compiler.

*(Posted 2010) [#4]
Bloodshed DevC++, Ajunta IDE, XCode IDE yeah I code a LOT of platforms but C++ is good for that :)

Yes I know BlitzMax does those platforms too BUT it doesnt yet do iPhone and thats the reason I got back into C++ and ive sort of stuck there every since. Havent really delved deep into Max coding for almost a year (been whacking out Tombstone :) ).

Sauer(Posted 2010) [#5]
I use Code::Blocks and like it a lot better than MS Visual C++. Tried out DevC++ and that seems pretty good too, but I still haven't found a reason to leave Code::Blocks.

N(Posted 2010) [#6]
I use Xcode and TextMate, and that's about it.

_PJ_(Posted 2010) [#7]
Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2008
DevC++
#
"struggle with" is more appropriate than "use" or "used[sic]"

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#8]
Have used Code Warrior 6 in the past, although I'm a bit of a MVSC ++ convert. Thats what some of the 'employers' in an engineering industry use at any rate.

dawlane(Posted 2010) [#9]
Xcode
Visual Studio 2008 Express (Until XNA 4 is fully 2010 compliant)
Visual Studio 2005/2010 Pro (I'm starting to think that 2010 is more bloat-ware with the amount of time it takes to load up on the Win7 machine)
Code::Blocks (for cross platform)