Annoying Windows 7 'feature'

Community Forums/General Help/Annoying Windows 7 'feature'

marksibly(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi,

Ok, does anyone know how to turn of the 'auto-window-maximize' feature on Windows 7?

This is where if you drag the window title bar near the edge of the screen, the window will automatically maximize itself (or half maximize).

I gave it a chance and have decided I don't like it but can't see how to get rid of it!

N(Posted 2010) [#2]
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/05/20/disable-aero-snap-auto-maximize-and-arrange-window-in-windows-7/

Try that.

Volker(Posted 2010) [#3]
And use Winsplit Revolution instead.
With it you can position your windows extremely fast
with keyboard or mouse.
http://www.winsplit-revolution.com/

plash(Posted 2010) [#4]
General Help.

*hopes he doesn't get banned*

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#5]
Plash: Mark has made a couple of OT posts lately, but since he owns the forums, I guess he gets a free pass ;c)

marksibly(Posted 2010) [#6]
Hi,

Oops - yes this should be in general help! Fixing...

It's an interesting feature, but I'm just too used to 'parking' windows at the edge of the screen.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2010) [#7]
naughty sibly.

Hotcakes(Posted 2010) [#8]
It's an interesting feature, but I'm just too used to 'parking' windows at the edge of the screen.

Same. When I first noticed the feature I was like 'oh, that seems like a sensible addition'. Now I'm like 'GET THAT FREAKING THING AWAY FROM THERE!!!'

Grafos(Posted 2010) [#9]

Same. When I first noticed the feature I was like 'oh, that seems like a sensible addition'. Now I'm like 'GET THAT FREAKING THING AWAY FROM THERE!!!'

+1

Hujiklo(Posted 2010) [#10]
Can I have a point please?

Floyd(Posted 2010) [#11]

Okay, +1.0

Hotcakes(Posted 2010) [#12]

Mwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

markcw(Posted 2010) [#13]

Only when you finish Tommy Tronic.

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#14]
I actually like it, i got used to it a few years ago using compiz fusion. t was nice to see it in windows tbh.
No idea how to kill it though.

_PJ_(Posted 2010) [#15]
Ugh... fortunately I ddon't have to deal with Win7 ...yet...

Sounds like areal pain though. Personally, I hate maximised windows with a passion. I Like to stretch windows out depending on what's on them, but never maximised, they must be moveable!!!

Hope you get it sorted, I don't have any idea on what it may be excvept perhaps an option under the display settings or If there's still a Tools pulldown thing on each window?

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#16]
I Like to stretch windows out depending on what's on them, but never maximised, they must be moveable!!!

I pretty much run everything maximized -- and that's actually one of the nice features of Windows 7, in that you CAN move a maximized window (it automatically un-maximizes as soon as you start to drag it elsewhere)

_PJ_(Posted 2010) [#17]

that's actually one of the nice features of Windows 7, in that you CAN move a maximized window (it automatically un-maximizes as soon as you start to drag it elsewhere)

That's good to know. Now you've told me that, I think that might be more ideal. Maximum size but ewasily moveable :)