I've been asked to develop an iPhone app...

Community Forums/General Help/I've been asked to develop an iPhone app...

Murilo(Posted 2010) [#1]
[edit]

Sorted :)

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#2]
So you just came here to show off, right? :D

kidding...

PS: I'm wondering if "just" developing a game for iPhone\iPad will get it sold.
According to what someone else said, your advertising would play, like, 60% of the part in getting your game known. The rest is its quality.
I don't know why I'm saying this - perhaps I just don't want your thread to go empty-handed without some discussion.

Murilo(Posted 2010) [#3]
If only :)

I needed some help that wasn't *really* iPhone specific, but I found what I think/hope will be the answer:

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/library/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Conceptual/drawingwithquartz2d/dq_images/dq_images.html

Oh, and I didn't actually intend to delete the content of my original post. In my haste, I over-typed it instead of adding to it [sigh]

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#4]
haha no problem :D

Thanks for the link and good luck with your project.

*(Posted 2010) [#5]
Milky Joe: DONT use Quartz2d if your serious about iPhone development and making games that are 'fast' go with OpenGL ES there are loads of tutorials about it around the internet so then you can create an engine an then make a fast engine.

You can still use AVAudioPlayer for audio etc just using OpenGL ES for graphics as the AppleUI (UIImageView, UIView) are pig slow for anything decent.

Murilo(Posted 2010) [#6]
Thanks EdzUp, but it's not for a game - It's for an app that will image masks.

For games, I've got Ansca's Corona.